H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Friday, October 06, 2006
Where's My Barber?
I updated my blog photo this morning (down the left column). Where did that extra chin come from? Anyway, once in a while my schedule is so tight I don't get to the barber - and I grow hair --fast--. So I thought before I get it all chopped off and conform to the standard conservative do, I should update my blog picture. I am still contemplating letting it grow until my 40th Birthday - you know, the last hurrah sort of deal, but really I have no great desire to have hair in my eyes all the time. But since I made the change, I thought I should explain the motly mop.

Oh and that is what I look like at 3:50 in the A.M. - I am not sad, I am just taking a picture of my self on the self timer - a process for which I am certain their is no appropriate facial expression - so I go for the "don't do anything at all" pose.

I am working on a few instructional posts, but I may not get anything of substance out today.
posted by Daniel @ 4:59 AM  
17 Comments:
  • At 9:33 AM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    That reminds me of Absalom who got his hair sheared once a year.

    You look like a Shakespearian actor now. Gone from biker dude to lilting bard.

     
  • At 10:27 AM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Wow, can I type? Let me try that again:

    I updated my blog photo this morning ...

    What a shocker! You ... change your avatar? Never.

    I like it. I especially like your question: Where did that extra chin come from?

    Thanks for the chuckle today, Daniel. You don't look so tough anymore. Maybe I will visit more often. :~)

     
  • At 1:37 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    Dude, this picture freaks me out.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    Dude, you look so . . . European or something.

     
  • At 3:05 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I think you men "le dude" then.

     
  • At 6:27 AM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Garry Weaver said…

    I feel your pain! I don't have time to get to the barber very often either.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Neil said…

    1982

     
  • At 1:17 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    As it turns out, I didn't get to the barber today. Normally Saturday mornings I go to shepherd's college which is across town, but right next to the only barber I trust with my hair (good hair cuts are indeed rare...)

    I won't be attending next week as there is a homeschooling convention in town - and the week after I will be in Fargo N.D. for a getaway - which means I have missed my window until at least the last week in October.

    If I stay away from grapes and wine I might be able to pass it off as something holy...

     
  • At 7:30 PM, October 07, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    Please change that avatar pronto!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I realize that according to Buggy that your hair looks like 1982, but compared to the "biker Dan" picture, this picture looks more like the guy I met.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    now all you need is to ditch the glasses, an electric guitar with four other band members and you could be the next great hit... or i mean, past great hit band trying to make a come back.

    :)

    Brought up your name to Marc in greek tonight. It was interesting to hear him say Doulogos the way he did. Didn't even perceive to think of it that way.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    actually since we are taking the greek.

    your whole post on eis and en has been on my mind for the last few days, because it just came up in our vocab.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    oh and fargo?! you're only like... 3-4 hours away!

     
  • At 7:39 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Dou (as in soup)
    Lo (as in law)
    gos (as in floss)

    Doo-law-goss

    That is how I say it.

    and not

    Duo (as in Batman and Robin)
    Lo (as in low)
    Gos (as in ghost)

    that is - not duo-low-gose

    At least that is how I have always pronounced it.

    If you are taking Greek, you will note that the appropriate compound word would actually have been be "doulologos" - I don't feel my Greek is good enough to have an actual Greek word as my blogname - though a "hacked" greek-like name that can be understood by a student of Greek - that I can handle. ;-)

    Fargo - I will be with my wife's parents and a couple who are friends of theirs. I don't think I will be getting out, as we are only taking one vehicle, and they are planning on doing some serious shopping. It is a shame.

    Is there not a convention in February at Bethlehem? I might come down to that...

     
  • At 4:24 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Craver Vii said…

    Greetings! I had trouble opening your page before. But I got a new computer this week, and voila!

    So Doulogos is a misspelling? And it means "slave," right? (I'm not a student of Greek; R.C. Sproul said it on the systematic theology video my small group watches.)

    Peace.

     
  • At 6:36 AM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    doulologos would be a compound word slave + word, suggesting a slave to the word or a servant of the message. Doulogos would be a misspelling of that word. - an imperfect slave of the message.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.