H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Pericope ( per-i-co-py )
"Pericope" is the erudite word for "snippet." Whenever I have a hankerin' for a language spankerin' I like to pull out words like that - they make for good filler.

Yet today I present a practical yet ponderous pericopy particularly pour vous. Have you no meditation for the day? Meditate on this and see if it is true or not:

Only when I forget or do not believe that God has bridged the gap, only then will I try and bridge that gap in my own strength - and the moment I set out to do this thing - pursuing my greatest desire as though it were in my power to achieve it by effort - the moment I aspire to pursue through effort that which is already mine through faith - I have closed the only avenue by which I could receive it.


Consider again what it means to be in Christ, and what the fruit of faith looks like.
posted by Daniel @ 8:55 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 1:38 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I get the feeling that no one reads my blog anymore...

     
  • At 4:41 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    I never go there four or more times a day, never...I don't like Daniel, he has nothing worthwhile to say, and I certainly don't ever want to meet him....he in no way matches my idea of what a minister should be like, in no way at all...

    Doulogos....pffftt.....

    (/exact opposite talk)

     
  • At 8:27 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    I think people are still reading their dictionaries trying to figure out what you just said. :)

    I think there is a general waning trend in the blogdoms of God right now. That is unless you are purgatorio.

    Keep up the quality and depth...

     
  • At 9:57 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I shouldn't fish for supportive remarks like that, it just caters to my flesh. Nevertheless, you guys are sweethearts.

     
  • At 6:12 AM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Theteak said…

    We love you man...
    BTW I think Tom Wright should read that periscope/peri peri...wha?

     
  • At 10:28 AM, September 29, 2006, Blogger mark pierson said…

    I read here...And don't call me "sweetheart"!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.