H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Saturday, December 03, 2005
Better late than never...
I wasn't going to get into the seven sevens thing - but Jibbs did, and pretty much everything Jibbs does is worth imitating:

Seven things I want to do before I die:
  1. See a genuine world wide revival
  2. Write a book that really helps others know Christ
  3. See my children grow old
  4. Go to seminary
  5. Go to Europe
  6. Write a poem that could capture how much I love God.
  7. Invent something that people actually need.

Seven things I cannot do:

  1. Run a marathon
  2. Hold a grudge
  3. Speak in tongues
  4. Throw a football
  5. Please my in-laws
  6. See far away without glasses
  7. Hide my emotions

Seven things that attract me to my wife:

  1. She is wholesome
  2. She calls 'em like she sees 'em
  3. She likes country living
  4. She gets better with age
  5. She is my best friend
  6. She actually likes being around me
  7. She is a fantastic Mom

Seven things I say most often:

  1. Notwithstanding
  2. Nevertheless
  3. Regardless
  4. Therefore
  5. It behooves us to...
  6. Indeed.
  7. Good Gravy Man!

Seven books/series I love:

  1. MLJ - Romans
  2. Leonard Ravenhill - Why Revival Tarries
  3. Iain Murray - Evangelicalism Divided
  4. Arnold Dallimore - George Whitefield (Vol 1 & 2)
  5. Miguel de Cervantes - Don Quixote
  6. Umberto Eco - Foucault's Pendulum
  7. Autobiography of George Mueller

Seven movies I would watch over and over:

  1. The Emperors New Groove (cartoon)
  2. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
  3. Spaghetti Westerns
  4. Treasure Planet (cartoon)
  5. Bruce Lee Movies
  6. Humphrey Bogart Movies
  7. The Incredibles (Animation)

Seven people I want to join in too:

  1. Pecadillo
  2. C-Train
  3. Sojourner
  4. David Kjos
  5. Phil Johnson
  6. Jonathan Moorhead
  7. The Teak

Whew - that took longer than I was expecting!

posted by Daniel @ 7:59 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 12:01 AM, December 04, 2005, Blogger marc said…

    Daniel, now I know how much you truly do care. Thankyou,Thankyou, Thankyou for not meme tagging me!!!

    Paul Lamely meme'd me a couple days ago and I'm hoping he'll forget about it.

    I might do a PURGATORIO on christian memes.

     
  • At 9:39 AM, December 04, 2005, Blogger David said…

    Daniel, I don't think I can do it. I have only just joined my cousin's blog, and Loki has already done it. We have so much in common that it would be redundant.

    Marc, you should do it using pictures. That would be cool.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, December 04, 2005, Blogger Carla Rolfe said…

    Thanks for doing the meme Daniel - some of these guys are so uptight they NEVER do one of these things. (Granted, most memes are painfully lame & useless, some of them give us pause for thought about where we are, where we'd like to be in a few years - Frank's favorite "where I am right now" sorta thing, lol)

    I nearly fell off my chair when I tagged cent and Loki on this one, and they both actually DID it.

    :)

    SDG...

     
  • At 6:24 PM, December 04, 2005, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    Ok, I did the list Daniel. I have now become "transparent" for all the world to see.

    David, good idea for Marc!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, December 04, 2005, Blogger candy said…

    ok..once again i ask the question. what is a meme? Phil Johnson said it was sorta like the wave...keep a subject going. Is it connected to the 7777777's? I am so internet illiterate sometimes. In fact, I am trying to figure out how to do a blog and am tearing out my hair in the process...not that I have anything to say, but that people might have at least some idea of who I am.

    word ver: pqpkgd Minding your p's and q's as a preacher's kid.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, December 04, 2005, Blogger forgiven said…

    I Have the same seven for my Wife.
    We are a like
    Thank You Daniel

     
  • At 8:27 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Theteak said…

    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is one of the most underrated movies of all time. I'm right there with ya brother! The Emperors New Groove is really funny, Bruce Lee rocks! (did you know he's still alive and working as an Elvis impersonator in Hong Kong?) Treasure Planet looks really good on DVD and The Incredibles tell us all what families can do...

     
  • At 9:01 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Interesting information about Daniel. Where is Tim Burton? (I loved your explanation about your avatar).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.