H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Crazy Busy...
Baaa baaa.It doesn't happen a lot, but sometimes I get very busy - work, church, and home commitments pile up, and since my blog is way down on the bottom of my priority list, it happens that I can go days without posting.

So I thought I should put in some "filler" - here is a nice picture of a flock of sheep that seem to be lacking a shepherd. In the spirit of Purgatorio's "you supply the caption" - perhaps it would be fun to find a caption for this picture?
posted by Daniel @ 6:37 AM  
23 Comments:
  • At 10:40 AM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    Daniel, Daniel, where are you, we don't know what's over the hill, we need you, there are wolves about, and we aren't sure which way to go...

     
  • At 11:04 AM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    bah! or should I say baa?

     
  • At 11:22 AM, October 11, 2006, Blogger David said…

    "I can't think of a caption," he said, sheepishly.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "The flock suddenly stopped short, pondering whether this was too broad a road to be the narrow one that had been described to them."

     
  • At 2:30 PM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    "oooooohhhh ... aahhhhhhh"

     
  • At 3:19 PM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    False shepherd -

    ooooh, look at all that wool, it's fleeecin' time, baby!

     
  • At 5:06 PM, October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "What??!! They got a Serta???"

    Sorry, nothing "spiritual" just the Serta.

    Enjoyed the picture.
    Iris

     
  • At 5:12 PM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Iris - I loved that one! We have this mattress store on my ride home that (every now and again) has a guy dressed up as a sheep outside - I immediately thought of him when I read that.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    Wait wait...

    I just thought of a couple lines from a cheesy kids song I remember hearing in Jr High...

    "I just want to be a sheep, baaa baa ba ba. I just want to be a sheep, baaa baa ba ba.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Aspiring Girl said…

    "yeah- the 99 of us are here. Barnabas ran off again..."

     
  • At 12:04 AM, October 12, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

     
  • At 12:19 AM, October 12, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Joanna -

    I remember seeing old footage of Elvis flashing the sign language shorthand for "I love you" at the end of a concert - you know the sign - it is a combination of the letters I (the pinky extended), L (the index finger and thumb extended), & Y (the pinky and thumb extended) in sign language. It is basically the splaying out of your pinky, thumb, and index fingers, while keeping the ring and middle finger folded.

    Everyone knew however, that it was also the --- secret "devil" sign --- LOL!

    woooooooOOOooOOoooOoo...

    scary booooo.

    Anyway - I thought of that when I saw your avatar.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, October 12, 2006, Blogger Aspiring Girl said…

    I was curious who I'd offend, intrigue, or completely annoy when I took that picture and posted it...
    You can question my salvation, but I stand a forgiven sinner by grace through faith.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, October 12, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Joanna - I was not offended or annoyed - far from it! I was delightfully amused.

    I should find it quite funny (in a very sad way) if anyone does question your salvation on account of that pose - though I almost half expect it to happen somewhere - never-the-less, we here at Doulogos are not inclined to regard somatic gestures as anything more than misunderstood shadow puppets.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Craver Vii said…

    Meanwhile, back on the farm...

    "Yo, tuff guy! You mess wit one of us; you mess wit all of us! Dass right--we baaaaad."

     
  • At 2:46 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Craver Vii said…

    And for your listening pleasure, here's yet another...

    John Piper is Baaaaad

     
  • At 8:42 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    that was pretty funny/silly!

     
  • At 6:29 AM, October 14, 2006, Blogger Theteak said…

    "New Zealand's Parliament convenes for the Winter session."



    (I'm sorry guys, that's a purely Australian joke - we just beat them in the Rugby League btw...)

     
  • At 8:02 AM, October 16, 2006, Blogger Aspiring Girl said…

    that "piper is bad" clip was retarded. It made me laugh out loud and I got looks. thanks.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, October 17, 2006, Blogger candy said…

    Whoa! Are you sure that building is the church? It says Slaughterhouse on the side.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, October 17, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Candy - the broad did seem a bit broad...

     
  • At 9:44 AM, October 18, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    er. first broad = road...

     
  • At 8:11 PM, October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Wait a minute. Should we really keep following this Layton guy?"

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.