H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Resurrection Sunday!
Happy Resurrection Sunday!

I know, I know, you like to say "Easter" - but that is the name of a pagan goddess - and the holiday associated with has been de-Christianized into a celebration of gluttony, chocolate, bunny rabbits and eggs.

So I like to say Resurrection Sunday instead!
posted by Daniel @ 12:31 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 4:06 PM, April 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You could have fooled me Dan

     
  • At 5:55 PM, April 16, 2006, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    It is still Easter, whatever you call it.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, April 17, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Matt - If by "It is still Easter" you mean, it is still the celebration of the resurrection of Christ - then I agree. If however you mean, "So what? I could care less since we cannot change what people do, and a rose by any other name is still a rose..." - then I don't agree.

    While it is true that we will answer for loving the world - and in particular our having silently and passively endorsed the humiliation of Christ - that is while that the thought of standing before the judgment seat and having to account for our laisser-faire and cavalier attitudes ought to make us tremble and respond correctly - yet this is not the motivation that ought to drive our conduct.

    Surely, seeing our Lord and Savior robbed of the glory - and seeing that glory given instead to pagan images and empty celebration - this sort of stuff breaks the heart of those who love the Lord.

    Those who do not glorify Christ, diminish Him - there is no middle ground.

    Thanks for the comment Matt.

    BTW - I am not suggesting that Matt believes such, rather I jumped off one spin on how his comment could be taken.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, April 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes Daniel - "Happy Resurrection Day"

    Now can you come up with another easy term for a 'Bible believing, saved, child of God, seeking after a santified life' person other than Evangelical Christian? That term seems to have been misused also.
    Saints? Naw - comes across too 'holier than thou'. Redeemed person? Too long.... Child of God? Nope - also taken over by the "we are all children of God" mentality.
    Over to you.....

    Eunice
    ps I'm serious!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, April 17, 2006, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    Daniel,

    Happy, late, Resurrection Day!

    My brother, I have searched for your email address high and low, but I do not have it. I would like to email you with a couple of questions. My email is thirstysoulmail@yahoo.com, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, April 17, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Amen Daniel, I have always had reservations over the usage of Easter. Besides, this annual celebration of our Lord's resurrection is a bit ritualistic. We remember his death and resurrection every Lord's day...it's time we begin to shed the lingering influence of Catholicism on the evangelical church.

    God bless,
    Jim

     
  • At 12:19 PM, April 17, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Hi Daniel! :~)
    What Jim said. We should live every day thinking of what the Lord did when He became our propitiation and our triumphant Savior. Every day.

    Born-again Bible believer?

     
  • At 12:56 PM, April 17, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Eunice - I like "Repenter"

    :-)

     
  • At 12:36 AM, April 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Daniel - so do I!

    Of course it will mean we are perceived as being 'barely Christians' as 'real Christians don't have to do that any more!

    Repentant Eunice

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.