H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Monday, April 03, 2006
Back In The Saddle Again
For those of you who follow my blog - you know I have had to put aside cycling the ten miles to and from work every day (20 miles daily) because of "winter."

Winter is the time of year where I get next to nothing for exercise, and put on many extra pounds because I have gotten used to eating like someone who has been daily burning an extra thousand calories or so. ;-)

So I have been looking forward to the spring thaw, so that I can begin riding again. Today marks the first day of the season that I am riding "full time" again. Rain or shine, cold or warm - I anticipate riding five days a week from here on through to December.

Don't imagine that all the snow is gone in Winterpeg either. The streets are "mostly" clean - but there is a lot of snow out there still. Thankfully it looks like the next few days we will have a high pressure system hovering over us - which means warmer temperatures (a little above 10 degrees Celcius) - which should help the thaw, though it will make the roads wet, and even dirty. It will be many weeks before we start to see those street cleaning machines sweeping away the debris that has built up in the last five or six months - but was held suspended in snow until now.

Last year I started in May, and cycled until November - losing somewhere around 35 pounds in the process. But some of that came back over the winter. My target last year was to get down to 165 by my anniversary (August 15) - I made it down to 173 or so - and when I had missed the mark - I started taking it easy thereafter. I hope getting in an extra month this time, and starting from a lower weight than last year - I will be able to hit that target this year on the same date;

Of all the anniversary presents I have ever given my wife - apparently being her favorite is having me "fit." Being a computer programmer means sitting on my bottom for eight hour stretches - a task that carries its own stress - mostly in the shortening of the hamstrings from curling your legs under you ( a bad habit of mine) - and poor posture - resulting in lower back pain and whatnot. Anyone who thinks that sedantary jobs are great hasn't worked one. My favorite job that I ever had was teaching college - but after that - it was being a janitor.

Anyway - it begins today. See you in skinny land.

:-)


posted by Daniel @ 3:35 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:26 AM, April 19, 2006, Blogger marc said…

    Way to go bro! I need to ride more. Are you going to put your little mileage meter back up?

     
  • At 10:06 AM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I think I will put the mileage meter back up - though I wouldn't mind making a script for it so that I don't have to update my template all the time. I have been slack in addressing it though.

    Congratulations yourself too Marc - it is certainly great to see your effort paying off in pounds, or is that paying in pounds off?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.