H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, November 24, 2005
Flappy Bird...
Once again much appreciation is in order, to all you people who have linked to my blog.

Deep inside me there is a Frank Turkian desire to see the stats go up, up, up - so why try and mask my glee? Yippee! A flappy bird!

Okay, I got that off my chest. It has been my sad experience however to note that TTLB often evolves you then de-evolves you a few times before the evolutionary progression gels.

So I will likely be a slithtering Reptile again - but for the moment it is all rainbows and sunshine. hence the splash of color on the sides.

Speaking of splashes of color, Frank Turk has added some holiday fire to his blog - the yellow is a bit hard on my eyes - but it is only temporary I am sure. At first I thought something was broken (I am so accustomed to the colorscheme there) Carla, followed suit - not so much a tribute but just taking the idea for a spin. Marc hasn't changed his IBM blue.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving on this weekend here in Canada - nevertheless I think Phil Johnson is onto something big here with his modern family tradition. If only the Italians had landed on Plymouth Rock! We wouldn't be eating flappy birds every Thanksgiving...
posted by Daniel @ 11:19 AM  
12 Comments:
  • At 2:37 PM, November 24, 2005, Blogger Jeremy Weaver said…

    Do you celebrate Thanksgiving?

     
  • At 2:46 PM, November 24, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    yeah but it was weeks ago - and it isn't as big a deal as it is in the states.

     
  • At 8:26 PM, November 24, 2005, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Your colors are great! Congratulations on being a flappy bird ... and for being validated by the blogger mafia. :~)

     
  • At 8:12 AM, November 26, 2005, Blogger Rose~ said…

    OK, Daniel, sometimes when you're not busy, tell me what the wrod "Doulogos" means, will you please? I realized that I spelled it wrong in my link list, so I fixed it and then I started wondering what it meant. Is it French or is it a Danielism? (Maybe I missed a post that explained it, I've only looked at your blog for about 2 months now)

     
  • At 10:03 AM, November 26, 2005, Blogger marc said…

    Rose,
    I'm guessing its a combo of the greek words doulos= bond-servant and logos=word.

    Daniel,
    I am working on a different template but am waiting for my marauding marsupial evolution before I change it.

     
  • At 7:59 PM, November 26, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    Rose - as Marc said, doulos is koine (biblical Greek) for bondservant (willing slave) and logos is Koine for "word" (message, statement).

    Combining the two together makes a compound word that carries both meanings - a "slave to the word"

    HOWEVER - there is more to this. The correct grammatic syntax for combining these two words would be doulo + logos = "doulologos"

    "Doulogos" (therefore) is not the correct way to make the compound word -- which is what I like about it! It quietly says, "this guy knows a smattering of Greek, but he is certainly no scholar" ;-D

    Marc - I am glad that I could say something edifying for a change.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, November 27, 2005, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    Daniel,

    You must be my alter-ego in Canada. I also evolved into a Flappy Bird this weekend. I'm trying to figure out if I should go ahead and move you to the "recognized genius" category.:)

     
  • At 4:07 PM, November 27, 2005, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Daniel, it's neat how Marc knew what your title meant. I guess great minds can understand one another, but those of us on the outside looking in just say "huh?"

    Clever, very clever, feigning unscholarliness. (new word)

     
  • At 8:56 AM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    Daniel,

    I see that you have now dipped to Slimy Mollusk. I have dropped to insect status myself. The glory was certainly short lived as a flappy bird.

     
  • At 9:13 AM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    Brad - "Icabod Icabod!"

    v-word: dtymoxo - the dty variety moxo.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    I think TTLB added a couple more categories, because my position has changed.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Hey Daniel, I'm leaving a comment in here as a means of telling you that your link that you left in my comments doesn't work. I really want to read what you had to say about the subject. You could just email me (click on email in my profile) the link if you would, or come back and repost the link as a comment, please? I really want to read it. By the way, I liked your story about the boy and the bird. -Don't mean to give you any trouble. Thanks!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.