H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Purgatorio's latest post got me to thinking...

posted by Daniel @ 2:22 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 2:44 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Jeremy Weaver said…

    Zee plan boss! Zee plan!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger marc said…

    oh man... you are one funny dude

     
  • At 4:47 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    Tell me sinner, vats your bantasy?

     
  • At 5:22 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Lee Shelton said…

    I was thinking more along the lines of: "Heal zee pain, boss! Zee pain!"

     
  • At 6:10 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    I just couldn't help but think that Benny Hinn slaps people in the forehead usually...where would this guy slap you....could be dangerous.

     
  • At 6:39 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Jeremy Weaver said…

    Mini-me!!!

     
  • At 9:12 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Rose~ said…

    I knew I didn't trust men in white suits.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    Jeremy, no, it's "Mini-Hinny"

     
  • At 11:31 AM, November 19, 2005, Blogger Joe L. said…

    LOL! Nick Nack!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, November 21, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    Scripture teaches us that Christ only called the Scribes and Pharisees hypocrites - not because they laughed at him, in fact -- when they were laughing at Christ on the cross Jesus didn't call them hypocrites - He asked God to forgive them because they didn't know what they were doing!

    Nope, it was the scribes and pharisees who were called hypocrites. Why? Because they regarded the law as something that produced righteousness rather than demonstrated unrighteousness. Strengthened by that folly, they began to interpret the law in a way that allowed them to keep it. They weren't really righteous because they weren't really keeping the law - but they thought they were righteous - and went about teaching men that they were righteous, and that one could be righteous only by emulating them.

    Their folly is what warranted Christ's rebuke - they were playing at being righteous, but their hearts were sin sick. They thought righteousness came from keeping the law, and it doesn't. The law doesn't make anyone righteous - it only shows us that we are not righteous.

    So I appreciate your sentiment - you think it is in poor taste for believers to compare Benny Hinn to Mr. Roarke from Fantasy island. I think the comparison is apropos - and even good natured.

    Let me know if you think otherwise.
    ;-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.