H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Sunday, November 20, 2005
There are few things so edifying in the Christian blogosphere as a kind word from a godly peer.

For those of you who have never been to Purgatorio, it a wonderful blog, and Marc Heinrich is the fellow who maintains it.

Marc seems to have a bottomless wit, and an endless supply of images that he compiles, then presents. The result is sometimes comic, sometimes thought provoking - but always interesting. Thankfully Marc is also somewhat prolific - not making you wait days on end for a post - but often posting more than once a day.

My advice? Link your blog to Marc's so that it is easier to find next time. I go there daily, and haven't been disappointed yet.

Plus Tim Challies made him king for a week last week, so you know he is doing something right!

I like the award, though, I don't think I actually want to get out of Purgatorio since I go there willingly two or three times a day! Do yourself some good - visit his site and enjoy.
posted by Daniel @ 4:35 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 6:25 PM, November 20, 2005, Blogger Jeremy Weaver said…

    "Marc seems to have a bottomless wit..."
    It's a bottomless pit of bottom-filled wit!

     
  • At 6:53 PM, November 20, 2005, Blogger Dan said…

    Marc must have a staff of folks to help generate that much high quality content! :-)

     
  • At 7:08 PM, November 20, 2005, Blogger Joe L. said…

    Dan, your new blog look is sweet. Keep up the fine blogging brother.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, November 20, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    I am still having some trouble with the template Joe - but thanks. I am not sure I like it yet - but I do like to fiddle.

    I hope to write my own template one of these days - tweaking the templates of others is a bit annoying and limited. :-D

     
  • At 9:58 PM, November 20, 2005, Blogger Dan said…

    Daniel,

    Regarding the templates, if you need someone to bounce questions off of, I'm happy to share what I've learned.

    V-Word: zomjc....hmmm I don't know. It just seems like such a nice v-word.

     
  • At 11:52 PM, November 20, 2005, Blogger candy said…

    Not only does Marc have a thought provoking and sometimes very witty and funny post, he also writes great worshipful songs.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, November 21, 2005, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    The design is not bad, looking it good :)

     
  • At 6:49 PM, November 21, 2005, Blogger Jeremy Weaver said…

    Thanks for the link!
    I'm planning on adding you and a few others when I update my blogroll next.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Hi Daniel,
    I think you may have misunderstood my post. I didn't say that I subscribe to the "foreseen faith" idea. I said that UE and foreseen faith are usually the only two options that anybody considers. I thought you might not come back so I came here to tell you that! Thanks for linking to me - hope you don't change your mind because of my non-calvinist posting!

     
  • At 1:46 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    I was responding to that other guy - ;-) Gordon or something?

    Sorry - I should have been more clear.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.