H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Saturday, August 08, 2009
Been Slack Lately
I have been a little slack in the posting department lately it seems.

To be sure, I have written several posts, I just haven't posted anything. Anyone who blogs knows that not everything you start off writing ends up on the front page, as it were, and so it is with me. Sometimes I will write several things, but just not feel comfortable posting them. Usually that happens when I find that explaining what I mean would make the post wearisome to read. When that happens I reason that I should hold off on the topic until I can articulate my point both succinctly and with as much brevity as can be expected.

Either way, I thought I should post something. So this is that something.

I picked up my new iPhone on Wednesday. I have logged a whole 29 minutes of talk time on it since then. The quality of this device is breathtaking - though, as a programmer, I am at odds with the lack of options in the user interface at times. So far I have used 179.8 MB of my 6GB data plan. Really, it being only Saturday morning, and having received the iPhone on Wednesday night, that puts most of that data usage on Thursday and Friday. I admit, I am something of a power user, so I expect that this will probably be about my average - maybe 90 MB a day. that's around 2.7 GB a month - about half my plan. That gives me plenty of room to play with. Video podcasts anyone?

I also started a twitter account. Not that I even care to twitter - but hey, there is a bunch of free twitter apps, and I love free stuff.

I am not sure how to set up the twitter stuff as a side thing on the blog just yet, but I am planning on doing that soon - maybe even sprucing up the place at that time. I am sure there is a widget that does it, but I am not using the canned templates, and that means a bit more work for me.

Anyway, I am off to the day. Gotta make our Saturday morning crepes.

Enjoy the day.

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 10:29 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2:28 PM, August 09, 2009, Blogger David said…

    I think most people would do well to discard a lot of what they write. There is no doubt in my mind that it's good that I don't post everything that crosses my mind.

     
  • At 2:35 PM, August 09, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    Sadly most of what I post falls into that category. ;P

     
  • At 6:25 PM, August 09, 2009, Blogger David said…

    Surely not most. You're one of very few that I always read. I'd hate to think all that time was wasted.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, August 09, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    Hey, I was going to post a link to a sermon I preached today, but I couldn't find a site that would host a 30MB audio file.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.