H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Friday, November 03, 2006
I am not moved...
I guess my heart strings are supposed to be touched by this drama, but I have to tell you, they are NOT. Apparently it is "bad" to make immature people think before they act. Apparently it is "bad" to set up a process that tries to identify and refuse abortions of convenience. You need not ask me my opinion about murdering babies - I think it is wrong - and every bit of legislation that makes it more difficult to do, I am all for.

posted by Daniel @ 7:53 AM  
10 Comments:
  • At 8:06 AM, November 03, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    This YouTube blogging thing makes it so much easier. I don't have to come up with my own content - I can just embed it!

    Seriously though I don't plan on making a habit of linking to these things - but this one was sooooo ad hominem, "pity me I want to murder my innocent baby and they want to make it sooo difficult."

    If a person is raped or become pregnant through some course of violence that she was the victim of, then my heart goes out to her for her suffering - but reciprocating that same violence on the innocent child that was produced in no way erases or heals the wound - a second, more vile act of violence does not undo the first act.

    It is illegal to destoy the eggs of an endangered owl in this country, if you do you will go to jail for a long, long time - but you can kill your own children. Priorities?

     
  • At 8:19 AM, November 03, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    I don't get it... I mean their logic never makes sense. Sin logic never makes sense.

    It's pretty simple really... Don't have sex, outside of marriage, in the first place and you won't get pregnant (besides the fact that it's just plain sinful) then Prop 85 won't be an issue.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, November 03, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    I don't know, maybe it's just personal preference but I kind of like that law. Whatever makes a young girl think twice about killing that new life inside of hear is good news.

    Good point on the owl eggs, that is the total hypocrisy of humanism.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, November 03, 2006, Blogger David said…

    O Daniel, you're a cold one, you are.

    Yeah, I'm not moved either--by the consequences of the law, that is. I am grieved for the poor girl in that situation, but not to the point of allowing murder as a solution.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, November 04, 2006, Blogger Theteak said…

    I hate abortion. (Hate what is evil cling to what is good.)

     
  • At 2:53 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger DJP said…

    "Jane," victim of rape or incest, makes up -- what? Three percent of all abortions? Less?

    If the other "Jane's" in the world found the process more complex, maybe they'd keep their knees together, and not have to face this process. Also, if the "John's" in the world knew they could be named in court as a statutory rapist, maybe they'd keep it zipped.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    According to the statistics available (2004) 1% of all abortions in the US are for reasons on rape or incest, which is about the same percentage as for fetal abnormalities, 3% of abortions are for real or imagined concerns for the mother's health; the remaining 95% use abortion as a means of birth control.

    That is what makes an ad like this such tripe.

     
  • At 8:13 AM, November 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I also feel sorry for the girls who are pregnant because of rape or incest, but as has already been pointed out, this "protection" would be used mostly by those girls who are using this as birth control.

    How about some sympathy for the child?

     
  • At 9:21 AM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Even in the case of rape or incest, the child created is not guilty of the crime he or she is being murdered to avenge. One act of violence cannot undo a previous act of violence. What legislation like this does is ensure that when birth-control-jane comes in for her "oh yeah, I was raped" abortion - the crime she is using to justify her actions is duly processed. That may give pause to some who, while having no gumption at all about killing their own child, never-the-less cringe at the idea of "formally" perjuring themselves by saying they were raped or that the child is the result of an incestuous union.

    Frankly, I think if someone is a real victim, and truly wants to punish the unborn child for the sins of its father - it really doesn't matter what hoops are thrown in front of them - they will jump through them. It is the ones who are using the system to get rid of unwanted pregnancies because they don't want to deal with their parents or take responsibility for their actions - these are the ones who are going to "hurt" because of this legislation.

    Pheh.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    ... every bit of legislation that makes it more difficult to do, I am all for

    Amen and me too!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.