H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Friday, October 27, 2006
For All My 'Merican Friends...
If you haven't seen the Michael J. Fox spot where he pleahs for stem cell research, here it is:


If you haven't seen this retort, it is well worth the watch:

posted by Daniel @ 7:37 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 9:49 AM, October 27, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    The meta on my blog is drying up.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, October 27, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    (enter James Taylor music, you've got a friend)

    Dude, MJF looks totally whack in the first part, but then seems to calm down, and yeah, this will definitely hit 'em where it hurts, the heartstrings...

    We cannot afford to be dispassionate, but neither can we afford to be misinformed, as the second video shows us...

    What's that verse in Proverbs about the first answer seems right until....

     
  • At 11:05 AM, October 27, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    MJF seems to me to be a bit biased in his support...

    I too am reminded of the proverb.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, October 27, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    I used to like the guy...but his support for this ungodly and unnecessary procedure is appalling. Two thumbs up for a good performance.

    Two ways to increase your meta:

    1. Stop talking about the cross in conjunction with dying to self.

    2. Start promoting the latest christian rock group while making relative any lifestyle or activity that carries the christian label.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, October 27, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I appreciate his position - he is desperate, and he is less informed than he could/should be.

    If I was convinced that this life was all there was, and that once it was gone I too would eternally end - well, immediately the most important thing in my world is -ME-. That is what is so ugly about self, it acts as if there is no God. If I thought that this was all there is - what do I care if thousands, or tens of thousands die - surely increasing the standard of my all-important life is more than worth any price.

    I thought about selling out - you know, preaching an unoffensive gospel, followed up with an impotent faith, and a message that everything is okay no matter what - but I found that I couldn't keep a straight face.

     
  • At 4:09 PM, October 27, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    His attitude basically defines the social gospel that causes many to support the democratic ticket in the U.S. There is the inexplicable desire to solve the problems of humanity. But failure to understand the cause will doom any efforts at "changing" society.

    Only the gospel through the power of the resurrected Christ lived out in the lives of His people can effect this world in a positive and eternal way.

    And please don't go sell out. :)

     
  • At 1:34 AM, October 28, 2006, Blogger Aspiring Girl said…

    so...are you saying you are what they call "republican"?? :-P

     
  • At 10:28 PM, October 29, 2006, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    I didn't see the press conference after this ad hit, but I wonder if he was this wacked out then. I've never seen anyone with his disease, at his age, that has taken their medicine (as he said he did), in this condition.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.