H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Fort McMurray Alberta...
I had the privilege recently of talking to an interim pastor out in Fort McMurray Alberta.

He and his wife are presently ministering to a small group of conservative believers who have been meeting together for the past seven years or so and are in need of a more permanent shepherd. The group do not have a building, nor does their congregation have any formal structure that I am aware of (elders, deacons, constitution, etc.)

Pray that these believers will be sensitive to God's leading as they wait on the Lord for a shepherd; Pray of course, that anyone they approach for consideration will also wait on the Lord.

God's will is acceptable, that is, everyone can accept it. It is good, that is, there is nothing evil or selfish about it. And it is perfect - that is, it cannot be improved by adding to it, or leaving something out.

Pray with me for this group of believers.

posted by Daniel @ 10:06 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 4:39 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    I will pray about this.

    How close is this church to you, Daniel?

     
  • At 8:56 PM, May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Even so - I'll answer for Daniel, as it's in my province.
    It's two provinces West and many miles north from Daniel, a distance about as far away from him as you are from Indianapolis.

    Home to huge oil sands - one of the sources of the gas you buy, it's a booming city. Older small homes go for $400,000 - so it's an expensive place to live. Up to quite recently held the unofficial title of most Harley motorcycles per capita in North America. (I heard our own small town now holds that title - as well as the most Hummers per capita) Big wages out here in oil country.

    It's about 12 hours north of the Montana border, quite secluded - a 4 hour drive to the nearest city, but has more than one Walmart, several McDonalds and all the big city chain stores and conveniences.
    Beautiful country if you are an outdoors kind of person. Hunting, fishing, quadding. Yes, there is winter snow, but beautiful hot summers where the sun is up by 4 am and it's still light until 11 pm.
    By the way - we don't live in igloos -we're are as modern as you are. We can't ski in July, don't have hurricanes, see few tornados, and virtually no earthquakes.

    Daniel and I are truly blessed to live in Canada. I'd rave on about it, but you'd all want to live here then. :>)

    So, if anyone reads this that wants to serve God in 'God's country' - please apply.

    Eunice - proud Albertan Canadian

     
  • At 10:28 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    And there is no sales tax either. ;-)

     
  • At 12:12 AM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Terry said…

    Hey, I lived in Ft.McMurray - over 20 years ago. I'm in Edson now (2hrs. west of Edmonton) and would love to meet more like-minded servants out here. I hear a pastor's get together is in the works via Clint at Cowboyology.

    Thanks for the news of a new work up there.

    Terry

     
  • At 7:35 AM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    My prayer is that the Lord will provide. They have been around for a while (seven years is my understanding), but there hasn't been much growth in that time, and the chuch consequently hasn't been pressed into anything more formal - but I understand that there are some godly people in attendance - and that warms my own heart.

    I don't think they have a formal prayer meeting either - which may in part be due to the small size of the congregation - and the nature of work up there (shift work and whatnot).

    My prayer is that the congregation gets the Pastor God wants them to have, when he wants them to have him. Patience, wisdom, and sensitivity to the Lord's leading - these are the things this fellowship right now.

    I am always concerned that a congregation gets the pastor God wants them to have. In a day when pastoring has become a vocation rather than a calling - where men are qualified in the eyes of other men, not because they walk with the Lord, but because they have a seminary degree. Not that seminary is bad or that godly men don't come out of them - but rather that in the last thirty years or so walking with the Lord has become an overlooked qualification in many churches.

    These guys sound solid, so I don't think they are in any particular danger - but being a person who trusts the Lord - I like to pray "just because" ;-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.