H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, October 20, 2005
Found out!
The jig is up.

For those of you who don't already know - I, yes, I, am the less than Reverand Jackson James.

"Christian Survey Board" pulled a Columbo on me and pieced together (from scant details I might add) that I was the fake Rev. J.

It was a hoot while it lasted.
posted by Daniel @ 8:13 AM  
10 Comments:
  • At 10:04 AM, October 20, 2005, Blogger CSB said…

    Dan, you are the man - you dog. Its not enough that JJ I is a spoof, you had to create a spoof of a spoof. It was just too funny.

    (If Pecadillo is reading this. I would like to add that Columbo is so much cooler than Rockford files)

     
  • At 10:17 AM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    You sir, are the man. I only wish I had caught on earlier in history of the spoof (as it were) to have had more fun with it. :-D

     
  • At 10:40 AM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Michael said…

    Nice Columbo work CSB!

     
  • At 10:41 AM, October 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The things one does to get more blogsite traffic perhaps? HA! Something my brothers would have loved to have done!
    Elizabeth

     
  • At 11:15 AM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    blah :)

     
  • At 2:47 PM, October 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You Dog! :)

    It was a fun ride!

    Jim

     
  • At 8:15 PM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    Dude, you got busted!

     
  • At 12:22 AM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Dan said…

    I'll bet you got a laugh when we all piled on and gave CSB/RJJ trouble for creating an alter ego. :-D

     
  • At 11:51 PM, October 22, 2005, Blogger Wayne Hatcher said…

    Daniel, my wife and I were checking out your site, and finally ended up on your little "found out" post. I really enjoyed the Friday post on worship. Much there reflect my sentiments. Then we moved up to the "double crown" post, which turned the light on to stuff on Pyro. When we got to the "found out" post, we followed the links to your JJ II blogsite, and then to your discoverer's site. At that point my wife said "These people have too much time on their hands.", to which I replied, "Don't worry, honey, they're mostly all pastors." I enjoyed the trip. She didn't. BTW, I finaly finished that thought on the death of infants. It didn't turn out as well as I thought but I got the thing off my chest. Even though my wife didn't like your blog, I thought it was good. Keep up the good work.
    P. W.

     
  • At 12:47 AM, October 24, 2005, Blogger marc said…

    wheels within wheels...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.