H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, October 27, 2005
Americans SUCK!!
I was watching the stats last week, and I noticed a tremendous boost in visitors on the day that I posted about Danny Bonaduce. It was a slow day otherwise - that is, I had nothing particularly interesting to say - but my number of unique visitors doubled.

It could have been a random fluctuation I supposed, but I suspect that some of the visitors came through Blogger via that rotating blog post thing you see. Since it only shows the title, and since Danny Bonaduce's name was in the title - I suspect that some of the influx came from people who were simply pulled in by a headline.

So I thought I would experiment a bit. Surely, Americans consume (or suck, if you will) a lot of pop each year. So I found an article that said as much and link to it here if you are really interested (Liquid Candy).

If you have followed this link here via the blogger rotating title thingy - welcome to my blog my little lab rat.., er, I mean friend.
posted by Daniel @ 11:31 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 12:22 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    dude, your title image is so not centered.

    and yes I suck, I'm a sinner, you have a problem with that?!?! Want to take this outside?!

    Ok actually, maybe not.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, October 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow...I never drink the stuff...so that must mean someone else is doing my share, eh? Frankly, I am one of those who love the taste of good water and far prefer it over any other thing to drink. Yes, we have to buy water to have it that good...and we do...costs us about $70 a month...but so what!

    Hubby has a coffee habit however. And if I did not have high blood pressure, I would still have a nice cup of Cafe Vienna from time to time! That I do miss! But not over water however!!

    It is no wonder so much diabetes is with us either, is it? Just think how much CORN SYRUP is in that pop!! And it is worse on the body than sugar even!! I do buy good pop made with sugar for my daughter...but she keeps it in her closet (so dad won't get into it!) and drinks it very slowly...not more than a can or 2 a week.

    Interesting stuff you manage to put on here!
    Elizabeth

     
  • At 3:00 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    Sadly, my 'sperament seems to be a failure.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger bp said…

    I don't like soda, it is so unhealthy. I prefer organic juices and tea.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    Dude, I'm really questioning the authenticity of this Toby Hunter guy...

    Especially after the RevJJ stunt.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger Jeremy Weaver said…

    Zoolander, is that 'Magnum'?

     
  • At 12:38 PM, October 29, 2005, Blogger Dan said…

    Daniel,

    Maybe you were just selected for the Blogger site of the day on the "next blog" link or something. Anytime I click on that link I seem to get either:

    1) A blog written in a foreign lanugage.
    2) A blog selling something
    3) "Where I am right now" postings.

    I rarely find one worthy of bookmarking.

    By the way, I call it "Pop", but I often hear, "Soda", "Pepsi", "Cola", and "Soft Drink Beverage".

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.