H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Friday, February 02, 2007
Me! Me! Er, I mean Meme.
I was reading over at Garry Weaver's blog today and saw that old book tag thing - you know, where you follow some rules abou the book closest to you and share what it says. The rules were as follows:

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123; go down to the fourth sentence.
3. Post the text of the following three sentences.
4. Name the author and book title.
5. Tag three people to do the same.

I grabbed the book closest to me off the shelf next to my desk, and found that it was simply infected all over with a disgusting looking black mold. I have no idea how long I have been breathing these mold spores, but I was quite thankful to have noticed it, and hereby credit Garry with likely saving my life from spore induced death.

Anyway, I got rid of that book pronto because I didn't even like to be touching it. I kind of cheated a bit on my answers, because the closest book to me was my bible, and I didn't want to look like a Christian keener, so I grabbed the mold book - and put that aside too. So here you have it, third times the charm will of God - page 123, sentences four, five, and six from "A Christianity that really works" by Ron Marr -

That is why the life that is in Christ is so repugnant to many Christians and neglected by many teachers. Die they will not! While initially attractive because of all the promise it holds, when the Christ-life demands our death, all that is of the old man rises up in rebellion.


Garry didn't tag me btw, but I tag Tim Challies, who has never visited my blog ever, James White, who likewise never visits my blog, and Steve Camp, who also doesn't visit my blog. Surely they will sense this challenge and become regular posters here.

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 9:26 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 10:47 AM, February 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I visit your blog, so in case those guys don't respond, here's mine (cuz I'm not starting up this controversy on my blog!)

    Intrestingly enough, the book closest to me is one by James White, The Roman Catholic Controversy.

    The Pope functions in the place of Christ as the earthly head of the Church as Christ is the heavenly leader. This idea at first sight provides a sense of secuity and assurance. But when one considers it in the light of biblical teaching, one is struck by the fact that the "Vicar of Christ" on earth, according to the Lord himself in John 14 and 16, is the Holy spirit, not the bishop of Rome.

     
  • At 3:52 PM, February 02, 2007, Blogger Rileysowner said…

    Well, not being tagged, I thought this would be fun to do. I discarded the two books closest to me (the first was a phone-book, second was a dictionary) and the next closest was The Doctrine of The Knowledge of God by John Frame.

    Page 123, sentences 4-6

    Rationalism recognizes a need for criteria, or standards; empiricism a need for objective, publicly knowable facts; and subjectivism a need for our beliefs to meet our own internal criteria. A Christian epistemology will recognize all of those concerns but will differ from the rationalist, empiricist, and subjectivist schools of thought in important ways. Most importantly, the Christian will recognize the lordship of God in the field of knowledge.

    Now that is an interesting three sentences. :)

    Jim Vellenga

     
  • At 4:43 AM, February 03, 2007, Blogger Garry Weaver said…

    Thanks for the link. It has caused a flurry of activity on my blog. Makes me wish I had written something worth reading.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, February 03, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    Garry, I keep meaning to add you to my blogroll, that way I don't have to go looking for a comment by you every time I want to go to your blog!

    I think I will do that today.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, February 03, 2007, Blogger Garry Weaver said…

    Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I am very serious when I say that I consider it an honor.
    Your prayerful spirit, as well as your deep study ,is always evident in your writing.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.