H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Monday, January 15, 2007
Galatians 1:16
old time radio...
"was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone;" Galatians 1:16 [ESV]


am running a study through the book of Galatians verse by verse on Sunday mornings. If you are like me, and are curious about what the voice of people from the blogs you read really sound like - you can give this study on Galatians 1:16 a listen (.wma format).

Seldom have I messed up on so many verse references in one study! I could have put up something with polish, but I thought it would probably be best to put up something that was not polished.

Anyway, there it is, with all its tarnish.
posted by Daniel @ 9:39 AM  
13 Comments:
  • At 11:01 AM, January 15, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    The sound quality isn't all that great either...

     
  • At 2:31 PM, January 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you don't even sound like a foreigner. It's as if English is your first language.

    OK, I'll listen for content now.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, January 15, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    People are always surprised when they discover that I don't sound like James Earle Jones...

     
  • At 4:44 PM, January 15, 2007, Blogger Jim said…

    How many MacArthur messages have you listened to?

     
  • At 5:22 PM, January 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent, both content and delivery. I wouldn't worry about lack of polish.

    By the way, you sound more like James Earl Jones than you look like him--in case you were wondering.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, January 15, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    Jim, I used to listen to a lot of MacArthur I have probably heard fifty or more sermons by him, though maybe only a half dozen or so in the last couple of years.

    David - I should have posted last Sunday's study - what I lack in polish there I make up for in flabbergasting...

     
  • At 9:00 PM, January 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am always surprised by others' voices, but I honestly thought yours, when you "got going", had the ring of authority on it....I liked the message as well, of course...

     
  • At 9:35 PM, January 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Daniel, I agree with the guys - good stuff. I was expecting you to sound like BoB McKenzie from Strange Brew.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, January 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, what Jonathan said. Bob McKenzie, eh? Sorry I thought that. I agree with JD's comment, too. You speak like you know what you're talking about, and actually believe it.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, January 16, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    I may not sound like Bob Mckenzie, but I probably dress like him...

     
  • At 11:44 AM, January 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where is the link to click? I can't find it. Maybe my eyes are starting to go or it has something to do with Firefox 2.0.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, January 16, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    The link is the "this" of "you can find this study on Galatians..." in the first paragraph...

    Sorry about that, it is practically invisible on some monitors.

     
  • At 2:35 PM, January 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks. It is always interesting to hear a person's voice. I did not have time to listen to the whole thing, but I think I will as what I heard was interesting.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.