H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Forced To Switch...
Today I was forced to switch to the new blogger format.

Forced!

Previously Blogger offered it to me as an option. They tried to sell me on it with all the bells and whistles, but frankly I wasn't all that impressed, and I don't like jumping on new things just because they are new. I prefer to wait and see if all the buzz outweighs all the baggage that comes with it. Given a choice therefore, I would not have switched, at least not yet - but I wasn't given that choice - there was no way to avoid the "Switch Now" page, and that kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I mean, it is a free service and all, but this "forced conversion" came without warning. There was no email telling me that if I didn't voluntarily convert, I would be forced to convert with my blog held as a ransom in the balance until I did.

I confess, I am no fan of that sort of thing. I can see that Blogger would want me to convert, but I didn't expect to be rail-roaded like that.

Humph?

Anyway, the winter of my discontent is passing. I have learned to be content in whatever state I find myself, and mention it only as one of those, "Hey, that smells like injustice" sort of ejaculations that come out of you when you notice something that just ain't right.

Maybe I missed some link, some small bail-out-now-if-you-don't-want-new-blogger-rammed-down-your-throat button or something, but I did look for one, and I even logged in through another means, and tried to get to my blog through the back door (as it were), by going to my own blog while logged in, and clicking the post edit icon (that little pencil) - which would normally have taken me the edit post area of my blogger account - but nope, it took me right back to the "Convert or Die!" screen.

So there you have it. I am, through no fault or desire of my own, a new blogger now. Huzzah.. huzz..... <snore> .... zah...

Labels: , ,

posted by Daniel @ 9:06 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:58 PM, January 31, 2007, Blogger Rileysowner said…

    lol. I'm sorry, but I just have to chuckle. New Blogger is pretty good. I switched near the end of the Beta testing because some of our family group blogs could not be accessed by my wife who had switched earlier. While being forced is not the greatest way to start, you may find you like it as you get to know it.

     
  • At 2:30 PM, January 31, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    I don't mind it - I just don't like the way I was hijacked into it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.