H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Monday, September 18, 2006
Thank Frank.
attack indeed!Last week I had the opportunity to guest blog at Frank Turk's blog (and his ministers a flame of fire). I did feel somewhat of a proverbial bull in the china shop - but took some solace in the comforting thought that I was not alone - and that there were capable people sharing the guest blogging privilege with me. You know how that works - you would never want to be the dude who single-handedly cut down the lovely tree in front of your church because you wanted more parking space - but if you can rally three or four leaders to make the decision as a committee - well, then you can muster an anonymity-induced hand-strengthening that gives you boldness to do all sorts of things that you wouldn't do if the spot light were on you and only you.

In that sense I took courage - at least I was one of many, and if I messed up, perhaps it would be buried quickly and no one would notice.

Anyway - it turned out for the better. There were some great posts made by the other (active) side kicks - Carla, Nate, and Matt (Gumby)- and I am sure they all had as much fun as I did. Like everyone else, I was looking forward to sneaking a peek at Frank's template - but that old fox must have known that we would head to the template first - so he limited our access to simply posting and editing only our own posts. Never the less - it was a hoot.

Best of all, well, the most fun part for me at least - was that Frank promoted me from "nobody" to official side-kick on his blog, and in so doing, may have inadvertantly propelled Kim to stalker status (Kim has met both my family and Carla's family in "real life" - and since we are both side kicks... you don't need to be a scientest to see what is going on - Kim must be stalking Frank!)

I would tell Neil about it - but he might be "in" on it, as I am sure he has also met Carla - hmmm. Come to think of it, my presumption is that it must be a whole-family stalking. I wonder if they like banjo music?

Anyway - I plan to post something of substance later today - well, not really substantial - but less frivolous.
posted by Daniel @ 11:20 AM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.