H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Monday, September 18, 2006
Inspirational Poster -I-
[sarcasm]Why live out your faith when ground chuck on a bun works?[/sarcasm]
posted by Daniel @ 12:41 PM  
16 Comments:
  • At 1:05 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Neil said…

    I'm 42, so I had to click on the picture before I could read the caption.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I made it a bit bigger - from 400 to 500 width.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I was hung up on the caption - I was going to make it say - AS far as inventions go - next to the printing press, the BBQ has .... blah blah blah.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    I really don't know? :)

     
  • At 3:25 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I think I will make this a Monday feature - a demotivational series.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Daniel, isn't this similar to our "coffee fellowship" times, and our potluck dinners?

    Somehow, we Christians love to congregate around the dinner table.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Neil said…

    When you said "inspirational poster" I thought you were talking about my wife!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, September 19, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Very inspirational!

     
  • At 9:10 AM, September 19, 2006, Blogger David said…

    You've been to despair.com, yes?

    Do you think my witness is relevant today if I'm still using charcoal, or do I need to get a gas grill?

     
  • At 10:14 AM, September 19, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Haven't been to despair.com - at least not knowingly..

    The relevancy of your witness David is dependant upon whether or not you are still using charcoal in direct proportion to the age of the would be proselytes.

    Rule of thumb - got gray hair, use charcoal there. Young and sassy, must use gassy.

    You wouldn't want to hinder God's Spirit and the gospel with an inappropriate fuel for your "witness."

     
  • At 3:00 PM, September 19, 2006, Blogger David said…

    Thanks for the guideines. Now I wonder, now that I need two grills, if I can't afford to buy the second grill, is it OK to take it out of my tithe, since it's for the sake of the Gospel. I'd hate to see anyone lost because my witness wasn't up-to-date.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, September 19, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    You can probably use your congregation's mission money for the second grill, and I might add, you can't have a barbecue without a sturdy deck...

     
  • At 3:12 PM, September 19, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    Utensils, utensils, utensils, David...

     
  • At 7:20 PM, September 19, 2006, Blogger David said…

    You guys are obviously more experienced than I am. This is getting complicated. I have a deck, but it's only big enough for probably one other family. I hadn't even considered utensils. I'm so poorly equipped. Meanwhile, souls are slipping into eternity.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    David, I probably shouldn't mention it, but really, what sinner is going to show up at a barbecue where there isn't an in-ground pool? If you're serious about your witness, you simply have to have an in-ground pool.

     
  • At 5:11 PM, September 20, 2006, Blogger David said…

    I have a stock tank left over from my farming days that the kids like to fill in the backyard. It's not much, but out here in ND, it will probably do. We're really not that sophisticated.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.