H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
I --LOVE-- My Family.
Monday was a special treat for me.

I took my two eldest children out for the day. We went to visit my parents, then went out for lunch to Burger King, then off to the fair for a couple of hours - then over to my wife's parents for a couple more hours - then a stop in at home for supper before taking them out to see an animated feature we had been discussing.

It gave my wife some focus time with our third child, and gave me an opportunity to really enjoy the company of my children for a day. It often happens with volunteer leadership in the church that after working a fulltime job, time is given to various church ministries and preparing for ministries - not to mention various "side ministries" - so that you begin to guard your home time as "unwind time."

When I think about it, it seems to me that our culture is in a state of moral decline which is being fueled and abetted (in part at least) by both television and the various school systems. To be more specific, "objective morality" is under attack in both arenas - morality, it seems is subject to cultural definition - and culture is shaped by both the media, and the information we spoon feed the minds of tomorrow.

I mention that because my wife and I decided to give up television when our eldest was still in diapers, and we later - we chose to homeschool our children. So I am particularly blessed in that these little people whom I was spending time with haven't been inundated since the day of their birth with all sorts of things designed (it seems) specifically to rob us of (or hinder) the blessing of being a family together.
posted by Daniel @ 12:19 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:31 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    I say a big Amen to that!

     
  • At 1:47 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Jim - can't wait for the good news fella!

     
  • At 9:01 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Ryan said…

    That's great you abandoned TV. Even what little good stuff is on is at best a waste of time! How much better to devote our time to serving the Lord or attending to the family.

    And it's great to hear you're homeschooling--it's the best!

    --Ryan
    22-yr-old homeschool graduate

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.