H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Holiday Season Over...
You may have noticed that I haven't been posting much lately.

It being the holiday season I have been busy with other things, and of course the first casualty of my current industry is going to be my hobby ministry.

I expect to start posting with more daily rigor soon, though today I expect this is the extent of it. On boxing day I picked up a new digital camera. My wife actually took a two year photography course in college while we were dating - sadly, all it qualified her to do was take great photos and find work at one hour photo labs (yeesh! Talk about educational over kill!). Anyway, the bottom line is that she is a much better photographer than I am, and so I have heeded her advice in purchasing a digital camera.

Not that she said - "Go out and buy a digital camera that is such and such" - but rather, she said in years past, "DO NOT BUY A DIGITAL CAMERA!" much to my chagrin. As a "techie" I like to play with electronic gadgets, and am even allowed to sign out stuff from work and play with it at home. A few of years ago our work purchased a top of the line digital camera (3.1 Mega Pixels!!) and it wasn't long before I brought it home and played with it. My wife thought it was almost on par with an entry level "analog" camera, and so I could NOT convince her how desperately we needed one.

So each year I have had to wait patiently for her to decide if this would be the year that the quality/price ratio was satisfactory for a purchase. The year before last, and last year my techie desires met with obstinate resistance. But this year there was a boxing day sale for Minolta 5 MegaPixel cameras (8 x Optical zoom) for $299, and 512 MB SD memory cards were only $34 (CDN). I was given the thumbs up, and the purchase was made.

So some of my time has been spent taking inane and myriad photos of my family, doing all sorts of things like, sitting, standing, walking, coughing, -- you name it. Every moment in my house recently has been a Kodak moment.

Anyway, so you are likely to see the Avatar change a few more times as I fiddle, but I expect to post again with substance sooner than later.

Today the family is going to go and see Narnia. I hear it is pretty fun. We haven't taken the whole family to see a movie in a while, so I am thankful for the family outing.

If you are of that rare variety of Christian - the kind that prays often and earnestly - pray for my old Pastor, Pastor Bill. He has a tumor that is bleeding (He is in his late eighties now), and we want to see him recover from it so that he can have another operation for a different ailment.

I'll thank you now, and I'll thank you again on the other side if I remember. ;-)
posted by Daniel @ 9:41 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:21 AM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Carla Rolfe said…

    Daniel,

    before you do anything else, you need to dash right over to cent's and scoop up your wooden nickel award! YOU WON!! "TTLB-Impaired blog, 2005" I know how excited you must be, which is prolly why you didn't respond yet. It's understandable, I was having issues with my acceptance speech too. (teehee)

    In any case - YAY for the digital camera. 'Cept for one thing... your new profile pic sorta looks like you're suffering from amnesia and pleading for help.

    Will certainly pray for your former pastor.

    SDG, Carla

     
  • At 1:18 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Neil said…

    Also praying here.

     
  • At 9:03 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Carla - at first I thought I read, "suffering from bulemia" - I mean, I read amnesia, but my brain did one of those "senior moments" on me, and I was thinking, "huh?" so when I suddenly realized it was "amnesia" that made it about ten times funnier.

    I will have to go to Cents and see!

    Thanks for the prayers all!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger candy said…

    my husband and I received a digital camera for Christmas too! Yay! I was praying about buying one because I would like to post my art for sale, and we got one out of the blue without even mentioning it to family. We could not have afforded one on our own.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.