H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Answered Prayer...

you can click on it if you want to see a non-shrunk image.

It says:


Dear Mr. Daniel

Subject: Conversion From Temporary to Permanent Status

As per article 5:05 of the MGEU Collective Agreement this is to confirm that your status has been converted from temporary to permanent effective January 21, 2006.

We wish you every success in your future responsibilities.

Yours Truly,

<purposely obfuscated name>
Manager Human Resource Services

(CC) Payroll
Branch Director


Now if you have been following my blog, you will remember that back in September I posted about how I have been a term employee for the last four and a half years (well, five years as of Jan 26th), and was called into the bosses office along with every other term, and we were told that they could not guarantee that any of us would have our term contracts renewed after March 31, 2006.

At that time I said, "I trust the Lord to provide what He will..." and today I am sharing the details of His provision because I know that some of you have prayed for me.

On Saturday (Lord willing of course) all the term employees in my office will be converted to a permanent employees. I mention the others, because I know that some of you were gracious in your prayers and have prayed for them as well.

God is gracious indeed - Praise the Lord.

I was remarking last night to the chair of our leadership team that one of the dangers of trusting the Lord so much is that you get so used to Him answering your needs, that you neglect to give Him glory and praise. You just assume that having your every need looked after is "normal" and we forget the grace in which we live. We talked about how quickly we forget the grace of God, in giving us that confidence in Himself, and how we need to remember the loving care with which God shepherds His flock.

What a great God we serve - and not just because He answers prayer either...!


posted by Daniel @ 11:30 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 1:09 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    hmmm...it seems like the Lord has answered a couple of your requests fairly obviously.

    Of course, please don't assume this will inherently grant you more security with your job. Govt. positions are at best subject to the whims and fancies of new legislation and political elections.

    But, it is great news and hopefully some confirmation to you of the Lords will for your life.

    Blessings in Christ,
    Jim

     
  • At 1:10 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Hey, you hit 10,000. Most excellent my good friend.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Jim - amen. Too many of us are content to believe we will eat supper this evening simply because there is food in our refridgerator at home (and therefore fail to pray "Give me today my daily bread").

    My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness...

    - 10,000 ? will you look at that!

     
  • At 2:21 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 5:18 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger candy said…

    Wonderful encouraging post in the midst of my own trusting in God for my needs. My husband and I live in a tiny bitty apt. and I desire a home. I have lived in about 37 dwellings in my life. Well, we visited my husband's family in New Hampshire at Christmas, and came back with his 20 yr. old son, who is looking for a fresh start. My own son is staying with us because his car totally broke down...so we have two big strapping young men in our itty bitty one bedroom apt. and are quite curious to see how God will meet us where we are. I get encouraged and discouraged daily. so...thanks.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Jehovah Jireh.

    The Lord feeds the sparrow, will he do less for us?

    Be encouraged!

     
  • At 7:39 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Jeremy Weaver said…

    Great! Now I can quit my job and you can support me as your missionary to Lenoir City, Tennessee!

    Here's my real comment:
    Awesome!

     
  • At 7:47 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger David said…

    That's great, Daniel. Due to the nature of our local industries, I know several people who have been "temporary" employees for years before gaining permanent status. It's always a relief to finally be told they can keep heir job. Praise God.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, January 23, 2006, Blogger marc said…

    Prasie God Bro!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.