H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Are you a heretic??

You scored as Chalcedon compliant. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant


100%

Adoptionist


0%

Monophysitism


0%

Apollanarian


0%

Nestorianism


0%

Pelagianism


0%

Modalism


0%

Gnosticism


0%

Albigensianism


0%

Monarchianism


0%

Arianism


0%

Docetism


0%

Donatism


0%

Socinianism


0%

Are you a heretic?
created with QuizFarm.com
posted by Daniel @ 4:42 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 12:08 AM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Bryan said…

    0% on all the others Daniel?

    Bryan
    SDG

     
  • At 8:52 AM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Was it not the same for you?

     
  • At 9:33 AM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Ok Daniel, could I get the cheat sheets first? Did you not write this one? ;~)

     
  • At 9:35 AM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    nope, I didn't write it. If I wrote it there wouldn't be as many ambiguous remarks..

     
  • At 12:01 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Bryan said…

    I don't think the questions were actually ambigious all too much. They delt with the real questions that arose from those issues. The fact that none of us gets perfect, I know that is not Daniel's score, may have something to do with the test or may be becasue our knowledge is lacking since some of those heresies have been deep-rooted in the church over time.

    Bryan
    SDG

     
  • At 1:41 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    By "ambiguous" I meant that some of the wording Could be understood in both the orthodox and an heretical sense, depending on what was meant by key words such as "full" or "complete" etc., also the idea of there being "five levels" of agreement made the test a bit subjective - Do I agree 100%, or merely 80% Is a 20% agreement less heretical than 0%?

    I might write a comprehensive test one of these days just for fun.

     
  • At 4:17 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Daniel, I am glad you did not write that quiz. Those questions were horrendously worded and could be construed different ways. Besides, they asked the same question umpteen different ways.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Yeah I too was disappointed with the wording.

    Many of the various heresies are children of other heresies - hence the similarities.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, January 23, 2006, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    I came up 100% compliant, but I was also 33% Nestorian. 33% Nestorian? What does that mean? I mean, I have always thought that Nestorius got a bum rap, but now I'm afraid I'm not fully heretic but only hereticish. I need to go study.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, January 24, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Brad - the way the test is worded, the best you can possibly do is come up 100% compliant, but 33% in a couple of places. I fudged the numbers on the post so it looked like I was perfect (I learned that from Captain Kirk's starfleet exam)..

     
  • At 6:44 PM, January 26, 2006, Blogger étrangère said…

    Few, I did the best I could then - 100% compliant with a few 33% is something like I recall getting. "Lord, I know I'm a bit heretical, but I did the best I could, so that's ok, right?"

     
  • At 9:35 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    That's okay with me. The first time I did it I got 100% compliant and about 4 or 5 33%'s. The 33%'s annoyed me because no matter how orthodox my answers were, there was always some skew.

    It is just the way the quiz is made. ;-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.