H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, August 16, 2007
An Interview With My Daughter...
Me: Okay, I am going to ask you some questions, and you can answer them if you want to, and I will type what we say to each other. People on the Internet will read our conversation, and learn a little bit about us. How's that sound?

Her: I would still be on the second line if I was typing...

Me: Umm, yes, but you are supposed to answer my questions not kinda free-associate like that...

Her: What's your question?

Me: I said, How's that sound - referring back to people on the Internet reading our conversation...

Her: oh. Wow, you wrote that quickly daddy.

Me: Yep. Now, Why did you want to learn Biblical Greek?

Her: Because - I found it fun!

Me: How so?

Her: what does that mean?

Me: It means, what did you find fun about Greek?

Her: You mean BIBLICAL Greek?

Me: Yes, Biblical Greek, what did you find fun about it?

Her: I just thought it would be cool to learn a different language so I could talk a different language. Whoa - that was a big sentence.

Me: Yep, that it was. I think I would like to speak in biblical Greek with you kids - I think it would help all of us to understand the language better - I think there are some nuances that you don't really notice until you actually speak a language.

Her: What does "Her" mean?

Me: Well, it is you. I am not using your name on purpose.

Her: Why?

Me: Because the Internet is full of crazy people as well as nice people, and we don't want the crazy people bothering you. I should ask you another question.


Her: Yeah, another question. Which question?

Me: Ah, let's see... How about, what is your favorite television program?


Her: Does that mean what is my favorite movie?

Me: Nope, it means what television show do you like to watch the most?

Her: That sounds like which movie though?

Me: It's kind of a trick question because we don't watch television. Hehe.. Okay, seriously, what was your favorite part of our morning devotion today?


Her: What does that mean?

Me: It means that when we opened the bible together this morning, and prayed and read some - what was your favorite part of all that.

Her: ooooh. heheh..

Me: Well?

Her: .... I am trying to think of what my favorite part was...

Me: Do you remember what we read or did?

Her: I remember what we did, but I am trying to think... were we in Samuel? Did David become that king guy?

Me: No, Saul was anointed king, then appointed king...

Her: I know that guy isn't going to stay the king.

Me: Okay, yeah, that is what we read, sort of... but what was your favorite part about that?


Her: Oooohh. hahahee. (farting followed by lots of giggling)

Me: phew. Cabbage... okay, enough of that. What were your jobs today?

Her: errr, brush my teeth, put on my medicine, make my bed, ...tidy up.

Me: did you do all that?

Her: I don't know.

Me: How could you not know? Who would know if you don't know what you did today?

Her: I don't know...

Me: okay, now you are just being silly.

Her: this is a weird conversation.

Me: well, that has pretty much eaten up ten minutes. I think our interview is over. Is there anything you want to say to the people who read my blog? It would be nice to wish them well, or perhaps even pray for them.

Her: okay, can you write that?

Me: Yup, you pray, I will type...

Her: Dear God, please help the people on Daddy's blog to know you ... amen.

Me: Amen... okay off you go.

Labels: ,

posted by Daniel @ 7:08 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 11:14 PM, August 16, 2007, Blogger Bryan said…

    I can imagine her saying that.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, August 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was fun.
    Almost as enjoyable as being there
    (maybe better, sans smells).
    Can we know how old she is?
    I imagined her to be ... um, 9?
    Oh, and have you yet engaged the kids yet in speaking with them in Biblical Greek?

     
  • At 9:39 AM, August 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I forgot:
    Please do thank "Her" for praying for me and for the rest of us.
    "Her" prayers availeth much. Childlike faith is particularly moving to hear in prayer.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, August 17, 2007, Blogger Marcian said…

    Adorable. This post makes me want to have a few kids before I'm so old we're BOTH using a walker (mine will have the tennis balls on the feet).

    Daniel, you're a blessed man, indeed.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, August 17, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    Susan - she is seven. The Interview was held in honor of her having made it through first year Greek with her older brother (who is nine). He wants me to Interview Him next. Her conversational Greek is not as good as her older brother, but only because we set the pace for her older brother - I had actually set out to teach him Greek, and she felt so left out she cried, so we added her to the mix. I thought she would wash out in a week or two, but she was so dedicated - she just hung in there and after a couple of months it became apparent that she was in it for real.

    Marcian - Children are a blessing indeed. I love mine like crazy.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, August 17, 2007, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    That was awesome, Daniel. You will look back on this in several years and smile.

     
  • At 9:39 AM, August 18, 2007, Blogger g said…

    ADORABLE!!!

    (Lisa, Jon's wife)

     
  • At 6:18 PM, August 18, 2007, Blogger Kim said…

    That was hilarious. What a sweet daughter you have.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, August 18, 2007, Blogger David said…

    That was great--better than Larry King. None of his guests ever . . . you know.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.