H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Monday, June 18, 2007
Monday Weigh-In VIII
Apparently I missed a week in my counting (um, duh!), so I am going to add that week here. Call me a dispensationalist (hehe.. that's theological humor)...

Anyway the numbers this week may be a little off. On Wednesday I was at 178.5, but yesterday I was at 179. I knew I shouldn't have had those Nacho chips. 270 calories for 19 chips??? That's just suicide. Anyway, there is no way I ate 1800 calories worth, so I don't know where the extra half pound came from - but whatever - I am going to go with 179 this week, and we will see what it looks like next week. If the number was to high or too low it'll show up in the next week or so.

On the theological front, I am working on a post that will give my opinion on whether it is biblical or not for a Christian to pull a Gideon. Look for it.

Just as an aside. In the right hand column, under the "links" heading, is a new link to our congregation's weekly messages:



There are two messages each week, one being the sermon, the other the Adult Sunday School. They cycle the old stuff out after a couple of months. I preach the Adult Sunday School (We need a different name: c.f. the acronym...).

The recording of the Adult SS for June 3rd cuts out after eight minutes or so, I will see if they can fix that. Presently we are going through Galatians, and are just at the end of Galatians chapter two where Paul is arguing against the Judaizers, showing that you are not justified through sanctification, nor are you sanctified through works...

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 9:44 AM  
11 Comments:
  • At 10:56 AM, June 18, 2007, Blogger Neil said…

    That sounds like a good series. By "pull a Gideon" you mean seek for an extra-biblical confirmation or omen?

    I think it is okay to do this, as long as the thing I'm confirming was extra-biblically and verbally communicated to told me by a bright and terrifying angel of the Lord, and as long as the thing is not contrary to the gospel I've already received.

    Wait, angels don't do that anymore?? Well, now I don't know what to say. :(

     
  • At 11:15 AM, June 18, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    Buggy - you and I seem to be of the same opinion.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, June 18, 2007, Blogger Even So... said…

    Using a fleece is a way to get fleeced...

    Superstitious mess...

    "But the Bible says!"...

    Ummm, listen up, buddy, it isn't just what the bible says, it is what it teaches, and biblical narrative isn't necessarily biblical normative...

     
  • At 5:24 PM, June 18, 2007, Blogger Even So... said…

    Buddy being our fictional objector, of course...

     
  • At 7:15 PM, June 18, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    of course... ;-)

     
  • At 9:33 AM, June 19, 2007, Blogger David said…

    I put a fleece (genuine sheepskin) on my bed. Is that OK?

     
  • At 9:46 AM, June 19, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    David - that depends, is it a golden fleece?

     
  • At 6:14 PM, June 19, 2007, Blogger Neil said…

    I've always wondered of what use a golden fleece might be.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, June 20, 2007, Blogger David said…

    No, Daniel, just a standard Merino wool fleece. A golden fleece would be quite uncomfortable, I think.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, June 20, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    I think you're safe then David.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, June 20, 2007, Blogger David said…

    Thanks, Daniel. It's insights like this that demonstrate your clear qualification to teach.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.