H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Monday, June 04, 2007
Monday Weigh-In -VI-
I notice that the of the last 10 posts I wrote, eight of them are still in draft form. That happens when I feel I either haven't the time to finish a post, or I can't seem to articulate a thought with some brevity or clarity. Hmph?

Anyway, the numbers are in: One Eighty One., for a net loss so far of eight pounds.

I was afraid to look at the scale this morning because we went out for a feast yesterday, and feasting and weight loss typically do not go well together... That brings me to within 16 pounds of my goal, or about 1/3 of the way there. It has been almost two months now, meaning that I won't hit my target until September if I don't step up the pace a little. (I have to be more disciplined about eating fast food for lunch during the week).

I hope to bring one or more of those unfinished drafts to fruition soon, but until then it is going to be doulogos "lite" for a while (hehe - get it, I am trying to lose weight you see... oh, never mind!)

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 8:08 AM  
10 Comments:
  • At 10:36 AM, June 04, 2007, Blogger David said…

    I wasn't aware that you were concerned with brevity. That's not a criticism, just an observation. I always look forward to your long-winded diatribes.

     
  • At 5:12 AM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Garry Weaver said…

    One hundred eighty-one pounds? You, sir, are a skinny minny!

     
  • At 7:56 AM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    I am shooting for 165 this year. I started off in 2005 at 210 or so(I am only 5'8") - and through cycling and reducing my food intake I managed to drop down to 173 (a 37 pound loss). Last year, I went back up to 190 over the winter, and dropped down to 175 in the summer. I went back up to 190 or so again last winter, but I think I can hit 165 this year. The weight isn't really the target though - the waist measurement is. A healthy male should have a waist measurement (measured around the fattest point, and not the skinniest I might add) that is no more than half his height in inches. I am 68 inches high, that means I am at a heightened risk for heart disease etc. so long as my waist measurement is more than 34 inches at its fattest point. I haven't been able to pull that in all the way yet - at 173 I was around 36 inches. So the weight isn't so much a concern as the gut. Muscle can be heavy, so one might weigh 200 lbs and still be pretty healthy at my weight, as long as it isn't all fat hanging around the middle ;-)

    My youngest daughter had her fourth birthday yesterday - and I did eat a lot of cake... so I don't think I am in any danger of plummeting into skinny-ness any time soon. ;-)

     
  • At 12:25 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Neil said…

    I haven't even weighed myself yet.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    Buggy - my presumption is that I have already passed you. You must weigh,... what? 185? ;-)

     
  • At 9:34 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Neil said…

    I don't think so, but I have always been very optimistic.

    I've got to drop by my parents tomorrow to water the dog. I will use their scale and let you know.

     
  • At 8:03 AM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Neil said…

    12.21429 stones. Sorry.

    I think I've dropped about 5 pounds.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    Wow, that puts me about 2/3 of a stone too high. I don't think you are in any danger of me passing your stones anytime soon. No pun intended.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    My buddy and I have a Nacho Bellgrande on the line for whoever can get down to 180 first. It's been six months now and I don't think it's going to happen.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    I find 170 to be the untouchable number for myself. I haven't been 170 since I was in my early twenties. I have been trying for three years now to get under 170, and I am hoping that this season will see me through.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.