H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Font Changes and Fun
Try turning your head to the left and looking at it...You may have noticed that I changed the font size on the blockquotes and the permalink page comments part. The small font was really beginning to annoy me.

I still want to put the names first in the comment section, but that will be another day - don't want to do everything all at once!

Here is a picture. Can you figure it out?
posted by Daniel @ 3:08 PM  
19 Comments:
  • At 3:47 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Zorro?

     
  • At 4:23 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    nooooope..

     
  • At 4:27 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    The elephant man? Ok, where is JD with the answer?

     
  • At 7:01 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Kim said…

    It's a dog sleeping on a rug.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger David said…

    It's your new avatar. You never looked better.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    Its Abraham Lincoln with a silly putty facial...

     
  • At 8:02 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Theteak said…

    Is it one of those penny stretching machines? Or a penny that has been put through a penny stretching machine?
    Is it a Kalamata olive?
    It's freaking me out.

     
  • At 8:03 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Theteak said…

    Hey, it's a dog.

     
  • At 8:46 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Ok, now I see. That little puppy fell asleep on the poor chaps face.

     
  • At 12:23 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger candy said…

    I wonder where you get these strange pictures you sometimes post. I bet you are attracted to the Barnum and Bailey circus freak shows too. :)

     
  • At 6:54 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I think of these as parables - the truth is there, and once you see it, it is plain as day, that is, once your eyes are opened, they cannot be closed again - but until you see it, it seems to be something else. You have all the information, but you haven't understood it.

    When I see a good one of these I like to post it. ;-)

     
  • At 9:21 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    I can't figure it out.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Theteak said…

    Dan's correct, I can only see a dog now.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Brad - rotate it 90 degrees clockwise.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, July 28, 2006, Blogger David said…

    I've been rotating it and flipping it every which way. On about the 700th flip, I saw it. Now it's obvious.

    Sorry about that avatar comment, Daniel. I know how sensitive you are. Please forgive me.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    There was a striking similarity David, I just assumed you were more especially acute at that sort of thing than most. ;-)

     
  • At 4:02 PM, July 31, 2006, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    I finally see it. But for me, it keeps weirdly shifting from dog to elephant man. It's making me nauseous. I still can't figure out what that thing is at the bottom that looks like a man's collar.

    This makes me think that I have somehow failed an ink blot test, which further indicates that I have some sort of psychosis.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, July 31, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    It is a man's collar - purposely put there to make you look for a "face" - and obfuscate the sleeping puppy...

    The headache goes away after a while. ;-)

     
  • At 4:45 PM, August 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I SEE IT, I SEE IT!!(i'm so excited!)i knew i was slow, but maaaan! i didn't even know what the guys/gals were talking about "a dog..." - i thought i knew dogs! "obfuscate"!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.