H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Wooden Nickel Award
centuri0ns wooden nickel awardDoulogos has won centuri0n's soon to be prestigious wooden nickel awared for "TTLB Impaired blog!"

Most of you who read my blog are already familiar with Frank Turk of Centuri0n fame (that is a zero by the way, and not an upper case "o"), so I won't bother introducing Frank - but if you are amongst those who are not familiar, Frank is a prolific blogger and dedicated follower of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (and not necessarily in that order) - his blog is found at http://centuri0n.blogspot.com.

I am thrilled to be a recipient of one of these awards (there were several categories), though I thought my best shot was in the "Best Toady" category (I almost nominated myself in that category, but I thought that would be too gauche.)

The awards provided some fun for those of us who read Frank's blog regularly, and I was happy to see his efforts well received, and really, who doesn't want a wooden nickel?

On a side note - Narnia was great fun! I am definitely going to buy the DVD when it comes out.
posted by Daniel @ 11:19 AM  
22 Comments:
  • At 1:04 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Aspiring Girl said…

    cool. 10 points to you. :-P

     
  • At 3:41 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    10 points!! Wooohoooo!

     
  • At 1:43 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Dan said…

    Good for you! :-) I was thinking of nominating you for that category as well... I guess I should have. :-)

    P.S. You did introduce Frank after saying that you wouldn't. ;-)

     
  • At 6:52 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Jeremy Weaver said…

    Congratulations!
    I had a Canadian quarter once, but found that it is worthless, too.
    :-)

     
  • At 8:30 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Neil said…

    Congratulations Daniel. Go away Doxo. :-)

     
  • At 10:59 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Susan, You will love Narnia.

    I will change the pouty face when I have a moment. I slapped it up just for the "artsy-ness" of black and white photography. But it makes me look like I am wearing eye-shadow, so it isn't going to last much longer. ;-D

     
  • At 3:39 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    Frank is a “follower of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (and not necessarily in that order)”? Frank may not be saved according to your debate partner over at the Moor. Ha!

    Congrats on the award!

    Is it just me or is Daniel looking more and more like Colin Farrell?

     
  • At 5:37 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger forgiven said…

    Way to Go ... Daniel
    I watched the Movie and I will be buying it too.
    Thanks

     
  • At 8:24 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Daniel,
    Remember your profile pic where you were looking very studious, as if you were at your computer typing? What did the Centuri0n say about that?
    It was a ________(?)-man picture. (I'm drawing a blank). What was that phrase, it was funny.

     
  • At 8:02 AM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Rose - it was something about being a girlie-man - related to Pecadillo's post about those sorts of glamorous guys who use women's hair products for their oh-so-perfect hair.

    "Nancy" boy, or something like that.

    I couldn't suffer it for too long. I like to keep the avatar in a state of flux anyway.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Susan - that isn't inappropriate. :-D

    Just after you login at www.blogger.com the page reloads and a box in the top righthand corner should have your a couple of links to your profile: "Edit profile" and "View"

    You will want to click on "Edit profile. This takes you to the "edit user profile" where there is a section (the orange colored words are section headers)called "Photograph", and a text area wherein you can link to a photo that is already on the internet.

    If you don't have your photo on the internet already, you can go to a free site like photobucket.com, start a free account there, and upload the image - then use the URL of the image on Photobucket (or wherever) as the "Photo URL" in your blogger profile page.

    Let me know if that makes sense.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Oh yes,
    Nancy-boy! That was it. I knew it wasn't girlie-man. (I would've remembered that because of Arnold).

    Now this picture is just silly! Go read your Bible!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Stop!

     
  • At 12:50 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Stop what?
    ;-D

     
  • At 1:32 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Oh - you deleted the re-introduced over-exposed Daniel avatar! Now you make me look silly! (I don't really need a lot of help).

    Nevertheless,
    I am questioning your stability. ;~)

    That is a good avatar, as long as the eyes don't bug-out! IMHO

     
  • At 1:39 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    It was a momentary over exposure. ;-D

    Yeah, this one ain't so bad. I did like the nancy boy one too. One day I hope to have a ridiculous number of avatar images. Currently, it is only a "laughable" number.

     
  • At 4:26 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Susan, it -is- a backwards cap.

    Yarmulke is yiddish for the hebrew word "Kippah" (or less common, "Kippal")

    Ludicrous number eh? Hmmm. Can do... cannnnn doooo. ;-D

     
  • At 7:13 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Steve Weaver said…

    Congratulations! I was up for this award too, but I concede ... wait, I'll get back to you on that ... recount!

     
  • At 9:45 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger bp said…

    I looked at the award site and am uphauled that people would vote for me as a hoax blog:(

     
  • At 4:34 PM, January 07, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Not me toby... I believe in you. ;-D

     
  • At 4:07 PM, January 08, 2006, Blogger marc said…

    Congrats Bro! The TTLB drives me insane, I'm on the verge of removing it from my blog.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, January 08, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I saw your cool "redeemed" thing, and liked it muchly.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.