H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
New Header

I work as a computer programmer. Mostly I am involved in two tier, and three tier architecture in a windows based environment. I am not a great programmer, but I am somewhat clever. I am no stranger to web design however, and that makes it rather sad that I have been so slack in putting some sort of personal touch on the page.

I haven't the time to put a full blown style sheet together, but eventually I will do something that is a little more reflective of my personal taste. Until then I will add the kind of bells and whistles that don't take much effort - as in the addition of this new header graphic, the widening of the overall content area (from 660 pixcels to 720 pixcels), the modifying of the font size (let me know if you can still read it!) and some under the cover changes that you wouldn't notice. All in all it is a little more personal, but nothing too stylized.

Let me know what you think.
posted by Daniel @ 10:06 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 4:30 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger JIBBS said…

    I like the header graphics. Very nice touch of color. My only complaint is that the font shows up really tiny on FireFox. I'm only 30 so I have no problems, but an old geezer like centuri0n would probably have to break out the magnifying glass.

    Other than that--it's a great blog.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    Right you are - Can't have dear old Cent squinting all over the place - I will adjust it accordingly!

     
  • At 6:49 AM, September 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nothing to say about how your site looks...just blogged over from Sojourner's site...like what you said there and enjoying reading on your blog here! I was very encouraged to see that you were once an evolutionist...as that describes one of my daughters...and gives me hope that SOMEHOW the Lord will reach her! We pray so!

    Will add you to my list of reads!
    Elizabeth

     
  • At 10:57 AM, September 15, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    I would love to say that someone gave me a great irrefutable argument to put evolution in it's grave once and for all - but it didn't happen that way.

    In truth, I was challenged one day by a fellow whom I admire as a dear lover of our Lord - genuine in his faith and walk, and noticably so. He challenged me about believing all of the bible. Until that time I had been "editing" what was true and what could be discarded as the ignorant ramblings of first century palestinians who knew nothing of science or the "facts" that we now know today. His challenge to me was that if God were really God, and the bible was really God's message to mankind - that God would be able to keep it free from error - that is, if God wasn't able to keep the bible error free, he wasn't really God, or this wasn't really his word.

    As the challenge began to sink into my head I began to understood that it a sort of intellectual dishonesty to say on the one hand that this is God's word, and on the other that it cannot be trusted. Ultimately that produces a sort of "pick and choose" quality - where I somehow become the ultimate authority of what is true.

    Naturally those things that I found easy to believe were true - and anything I didn't like or didn't fly with what the world was teaching - that was false.

    I determined one day therefore to believe the word of God and stop making excuses for it - stop trying to find some way to make both science and the bible agree. Instead I gave God full reign, and the bible opened up like a flower - suddenly everything that was confusing or veiled - it was clear as day.

    I didn't really made any grand effort to convince myself therefore that evolution was wrong - it just became obvious that it was wrong the moment I began to believe scripture. Suddenly what had seemed concrete in evolution showed itself for what it was - presumption, theory, and underlaying it all was a profound rejection of God.

    Thanks for the post Elizabeth!

     
  • At 2:20 PM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Dan said…

    Your design works well for my screen. (Although I tend to use 1024x768.) I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of the blogger style sheets as well with mixed results. I'm in the process of streamlining mine so that it loads faster.

    Where did you get the header images? They look nice. :-)

    Regarding the Evolution discussion, for the scientific minded, I've found pretty good info at the Answers In Genesis website. They do an excellent job of both proclaiming the Gospel as well as dealing with scientific questions with valid science.

    Have a great day!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    Dan,

    I like Answers in Genesis - a great site!

    As to the header, I found a site (I can't seem to find it now) by accident that had a punch of wood carvings in gif format - all black and white and large - and I picked a few, shrunk em down, coloured em, and knit them together using -ugh- image composer. Looks okay though.

    I thought I had bookmarked the site, but I can't seem to find it. I will post it if I do - it had many such carvings.

    Dan

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.