H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Monday, September 19, 2005
I am a Crunchy Crustacean...

A "Crunchy" Crustacean. I suppose the aliteration is supposed to be clever and or charming. It is a step down from "lowly Insect" but I accept that. At least I am not doomed again to "insignificant microbe" status.

I am guessing that system used by "The Truth Laid Bear" is using a combination of unique hits and discrete links to the site to calculate the standings. I suppose I could find out if I were really that concerned. I don't really care - but having just noticed the change I thought I should post something about it (Besides, I like posting pictures!)

I will be preaching at Grace Baptist Church in Selkirk Manitoba next month. I have preached there a number of times now, and I am looking forward to that.

The most significant news of late is that Ralph and Lou Sutera are holding a revival crusade in Winnipeg over the next couple of weeks. My wife and I have attended the first two meetings, and all I can say is - "May I have some more please?" - great stuff.
posted by Daniel @ 10:27 AM  
13 Comments:
  • At 10:39 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    Daniel, congrats on being Crusty. Hint: if you want to evolve quickly (and unethically like me) then join the League of Reformed Bloggers.

    P.S.- thanks for visiting the TMS Alumni blog. Please let me know if you are an alumni.

     
  • At 10:52 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    Daniel,

    Where do you find these pictures? Do you have to download them to post them?

     
  • At 10:57 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    I go to Google image search - in this case I typed in something like "obese" for the first image, and something like "muscular abs" for the second.

    You have to be careful doing image searches though - nuff said.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    Jonathan - I dream of going to TMS. Living in Canada and having a wife and soon to be four kids makes TMS a distant hope. I have put it before the Lord long ago, that if in his sovereignty he can find a way to bring me there I would go - yet it hasn't happened yet. I confess though, I would go in a heartbeat if I could.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    Daniel,

    By the way, I linked you today. You're my new best friend from Canada.:)

     
  • At 11:10 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    Okay, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I accidentally double clicked the comment bar, so my coment showed up twice. Then, I tried to erase the second comment and you can see that I erased it, which would be far too mysterious for me to stand if it happened on my blog.

    This led to another comment, which results in a jam up of your comment section. I hope that we can still be friends.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    Fellas, for the Google searches you can alter the "SafeSearch" option at the top. I think a "Moderate" level will cut out the nudies. Regards

     
  • At 11:51 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    Brad, we can still be friends. :)

    - and no need to explain the removal - I am emailed everytime someone posts - so I would have picked up on it.

    I am praying for your ministry.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    you can alter the "SafeSearch" option at the top

    HEY! Great news! Thanks Jonathan!

     
  • At 3:01 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    Brad - I linked to you today as well - I was planning on doing it earlier, but I didn't get around to it till I suddenly noticed I hadn't done it yet.

     
  • At 3:54 AM, December 20, 2005, Blogger Scott said…

    So, how did preaching at Grace Baptist church go? Is Jeff Goudy still pastor there?

     
  • At 11:15 AM, December 20, 2005, Blogger Daniel said…

    Scott - It went well, though it was a long time ago now.

    Jeff Goudy was called to a church in Neepawa Saskatchewan more than a year ago. I haven't been in contact with Jeff directly, but I see Todd from time to time. Todd is pastoring at Kirkfield Baptist in Winnipeg now. You might recognize "Jim" in some of the newer posts - that is Jim L. from grace!

    Good to meet you Scott.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.