H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
1032: New Adult Bible Study is available...
For those who have opted to follow along our study in Ephesians 6, the latest teaching can be found in the righthand margin (October 10, 2010). I plan to update this post later and post my notes at that time).

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 1:56 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:10 PM, October 13, 2010, Blogger David said…

    I'm finally getting to listen to one of these. The sound quality seems a lot better than the ones I heard some time ago. I'll get back to you on the preacher quality.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, October 16, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Relevant and timely for me, Daniel. Much appreciated.

    What resonated with me this study were your words, "He has come to give life and that more abundantly. If you don't believe it, you're not going to pursue it."

    So true. And also, "I scarce know myself. How can I look into another's life and truly know that person?"

    Anyway, this is timely for me as I struggle daily with loving God as in His first commandment, recognizing I can't do it, and pleading with Him daily to help me love Him as He requires. Only in Christ is this possible.

    That - and loving others as He states we must - and also not coveting (greed being a form of idolatry - and also disparaging what He has already given me, lamenting the manna as it were). I am desperate for His working these in me.

    But I also have come to realize that my obedience does not mean I have to "feel" like doing it. In fact, I am leaning toward an understanding that obedience is such precisely because I don't feel like doing it. Not that it's always so, but obedience does not hinge on my feeling it. Obedience is driven by my love for Him. And without that love for Him as He requires, well, I'm sunk.

    Were it not for Christ. And those are the relevant verses I need to wear as my armor.

    Many thanks, Daniel. Just wanted to let you know your teaching is heard. And faith comes by hearing and that by the word of God.

    May God continue to richly bless you in wisdom, discernment, and peace within yourself and your family.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.