H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
1011: I am a Daddy ... again.


Yesterday, at 2:00 a.m. my wife woke me up. She was in labour. After a leisurely drive to the hospital, and a brief moment in obstetric triage, the clock struck a quarter to five, and in that moment our Lord saw fit to bless us with a healthy baby daughter. She weighed only six pounds and twelve ounces (just over three kilograms) and measured some twenty inches (50 centimetres). She has a full head of dark hair, and (perhaps unfortunately) her father's nose.

There is much celebrating in our family today and yesterday.

If you are inclined to prayer, my wife's blood pressure is elevated high enough that they are continuing to keep her in the hospital. Our spirits are high, and our eyes are on Him who blesses and has blessed us.

Praise the Lord for His wonderful gift.

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 8:05 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At 9:29 PM, August 11, 2010, Blogger Even So... said…

    Congrats!

    Rejoicing

    Praying

    Giving thanks

    Grace and peace to all of yours

     
  • At 8:25 AM, August 12, 2010, Blogger Daniel said…

    Thanks JD. .. now back to house cleaning...

     
  • At 11:48 AM, August 12, 2010, Blogger Jim said…

    Wonderful!!

    Blessings to you and your expanding family.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, August 15, 2010, Blogger donsands said…

    Awesome! And a baby being born is genuinely awesome, in a world that over uses that word.

    Lord bless Daniel, his wife, and their girl, whom you brought into this world for Your glory, and to bless Daniel and his wife with a beautiful daughter. Amen.

     
  • At 11:57 PM, August 15, 2010, Blogger JIBBS said…

    So awesome! Congratulations to your family.

     
  • At 8:26 AM, August 16, 2010, Blogger Magpie said…

    Congratulations! Praying for all of you...

     
  • At 8:35 AM, August 16, 2010, Blogger Daniel said…

    Thanks all. Baby and mom are still doing well, though mom still has post partum hypertension. I will likely be blogging a little less these days as I am a bit preoccupied with other joys in life.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, August 16, 2010, Blogger David said…

    Rumpelstiltskin claims his prize.

    What? This isn't a caption contest? Oh, sorry.

    Congratulations, Daniel! (I already congratulated you by email, but you seem to be ignoring me.)

     
  • At 10:52 AM, August 16, 2010, Blogger Daniel said…

    David, oh, all right, I hereby officially acknowledge your congratulatory remarks.

    I have actually been receiving a lot of email and have only been spotty in reading it, and even spottier (is that a word?) in replying.

    While my quiver aspires to be as full as your own, I am nevertheless contented with this latest addition, though envy dost threaten to creepest in.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, August 16, 2010, Blogger David said…

    Well, alright, then. my bitterness is somewhat assuaged.

    As you are quivering with envy, I must point out that envy threateneth to creep in.

    I creep/do creep.
    Thou creepest/dost creep (art creepy).
    He, she, it creepeth/doth creep.

    I'm sure the lassie will want to know that.

    I honed my picayune pedantry around folk who prayed in KJVish but didn't really know how it worked.

    Congratulations again, and may the Lord bless thee and keep thee, and make his face to shine upon thee and thine. Thou art blessed indeed!

     
  • At 2:22 PM, August 16, 2010, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Daniel, she is adorable! Congratulations to you and your wife. I pray she recovers quickly and is home soon to enjoy your new blessing together.
    I never cease to be amazed at the miracle of new life and praise God for another soul He has seen fit to entrust into the hands of His saints.
    May she bring you joy all the days of your life.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.