H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Monday, June 11, 2007
Monday Weigh In IX
No change.

Well, that isn't exactly true, I did shave my head last week - and that might account for six or eight ounces - but last week was my youngest daughter's birthday, a Sunday School picnic, and some other feasting event I can't put my finger on at the moment. Suffice to say, there was a lot of sugar in my diet this past week, not to mention less riding on account of torrential rain. The end result was that I likely put on as much as I lost.

On another note, here is a verse that I really liked this morning. It is taken from Numbers were the Lord is giving first instruction in how to deal with unintentional sin - and then, as here, with bold-faced, intentional sin:
But the person who does anything defiantly, whether he is native or an alien, that one is blaspheming the LORD; and that person shall be cut off from among his people. Because he has despised the word of the LORD and has broken His commandment, that person shall be completely cut off; his guilt will be on him. - Numbers 15:30-31 [NASB]
I particularly like the NASB rendering since it translates it as "blasphemes" rather than something more pleasant sounding like "reviles" or "reproaches".

It gives us the baseline for our understanding of what it means to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. God will forgive every disobedience but one - the one who obstinately stands in defiance of the Holy Spirit - not turning to receive the "Promise" - for this one there is no hope.

Labels: ,

posted by Daniel @ 9:02 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:44 AM, June 11, 2007, Blogger Neil said…

    The separation between unintentional and intentional sins is instructive. Unintentional sins demonstrate our utter inability to live up to the standards of God. Intentional sins demonstrate that we are frothing rebellious enemies of God.

    On your former note, if you shed half a pound of hair, yet you weigh the same, that can mean only one thing as far as the weight loss project goes. ;)

    My strategy so far has been to eat whatever I want, try to keep up with 14 year olds on the soccer field a couple times a week, try to keep up with my 10 year old on the tennis court a couple times a week, ride my bike hard once in a blue moon, and eat whatever I want. Did I mention eating whatever I want?

     
  • At 10:52 AM, June 11, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    The trouble with weight maintenance through hair removal is that it can only help you out so far, and then it's gone. It was a one shot deal, now I have to manage the weight the hard way.

    I too eat whatever I want, though I try to eat less of it. ;-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.