H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Internet Expl-horror...
I have been been fiddling lately with a new template look (you can go here to preview). It if you are using firefox, it looks pretty good, but if you are using Microsoft's Internet Explorer (complete with its mind numbing proprietary way of handing style sheets!), then it is still pretty messy.

Anyway, if you have firefox, let me know what you think. I am still a week or so away from changing it.
posted by Daniel @ 5:14 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 7:11 PM, January 25, 2007, Blogger Jeremy Weaver said…

    It's aright...I actually like your current template better because of the wider text area.
    Maybe I would like the other with wider columns and content.
    But whatever..it's your blog.

     
  • At 9:12 PM, January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree, the wider text area is much better. Also, having two pictures of yourself so close to each other is weird.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey bud,
    I agree with the fellow up above. I like the current one way better. The new one reminds me of some cheesy, IFB discussion board template. Sorry about that. I know you probably put a lot of work into it. But hey, you have to have honesty with your friends...

    Fred

     
  • At 10:19 PM, January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I also prefer the larger text area, and the one pictures proportions are off. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

     
  • At 7:23 AM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    I was going to mention that the right column had a bunch of junk in it still that I wasn't going to keep there.

    I like the wider text area myself. I am looking at changing the look and feel a bit - the one thing I don't want to loose is the width for the text area. I am still fiddling and probably will for a month or so more. I just thought I would troll from some feed back before I put any real effort into it.

    Also I was playing with the idea of having the "main" text area a place where I can swap content out - but I don't want to have it bound in a dimensional box as it were, just swapping inside the existing layout. It will take some work.

    What about the colors and what not?

     
  • At 7:25 AM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    oh - and the two pictures thing - that was just my laziness. The expectation is to put meaningful content up.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, January 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know, man. Those posts are pretty lame.

    I like the layout, But I agree that the main column should be wider. The far-right column has no background or border. That's a mistake, right?

     
  • At 11:06 AM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    Yeah the background washout in the third column is unintentional. It is supposed to be like main column, but I changed something and "poof!" it was gone.

    One thing I really wanted was to put a variable font thing-a-ma-jig for those who don't like the default font size (see the left most tabs on the tab menu under the blog title).

    I like the white background in the text area since the contrast of a dark font on a white background makes for easier reading - it also makes images look like they are more a part of the context when you wash out the background of a photo in white and place it in the post without a border. But that is just my preference for style.

    I will take another swing at the template as I fiddle in preparation for a possible switch to the new (formerly beta) blogger.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, January 28, 2007, Blogger Kristina said…

    I like the way it looks, though I'm with everyone else concerning a wider main area. Fix that border on the right side and I'd say it is fabulous.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.