H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Friday, December 29, 2006
Three Trivial Things I Didn't Know Before...
Trivial Pursuit...In the spirit of wanting to post something but having no time to really post anything of interest or value - here are some trivial tidbits to pacify you until I can post something of substance...

[1] The lion's costume from the original "Wizard of Oz" movie was made from real lion Pelts.

[2] Pope Benedict is a fan of finery - having worn red Prada shoes in the past.

[3] The word "Time" is the most popular English noun.

[4] The Mona Lisa used to hang on Napoleon's bedroom wall.
posted by Daniel @ 9:53 AM  
15 Comments:
  • At 12:55 PM, December 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wonder if Pope Benedict has musical talent. Wouldn't you love to see him cover Elvis Costello's "Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes?"

     
  • At 3:24 PM, December 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, I am going to point out that there were 4, so you can tell me how I stink for pointing it out....

    :-)

     
  • At 3:25 PM, December 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Or which of the three didn't you know, and which one did you already know...

     
  • At 9:29 PM, December 29, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I didn't know any of the four, but that infers that I didn't know three as well. ;)

    Seriously though, I had meant to put three, but found another just as I was posting, and forgot to change the title.

     
  • At 12:28 AM, December 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    interesting....:)

     
  • At 10:54 PM, December 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know...the DEVIL wears Prada...

     
  • At 9:07 AM, January 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool

     
  • At 9:23 PM, January 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Something tells me that Pope fellow doesn't have to pay for those fancy shoes.

    Fred

     
  • At 9:21 PM, January 03, 2007, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    Question: Are you still thinking about coming down for the pastors conference?

     
  • At 7:57 AM, January 04, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    Frank - I am. I am looking forward to meeting a few of you people face to face. Have you met Marc yet? It is a big church after all...

     
  • At 9:22 AM, January 08, 2007, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    Dan,

    Haha, yea actually he stopped me in the hall at the DG National Conference.

    Also, I didn't realize it until a couple days ago, but the Pastors conference is over the week that I'm going to be in vancouver :( So I won't be around. I'm a bit bummed but no matter. :)

     
  • At 11:02 AM, January 08, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    Frank - that is too bad, I was looking forward to getting together for a coffee or soda or something. Ah, well, it's all good. ;-)

     
  • At 9:37 AM, January 11, 2007, Blogger Rose~ said…

    The "time" one is interesting, the others just get an "uuuuugh" all around!

    OK, now I have things to do.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, January 11, 2007, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    Are you leaving the day after the conf? I get back late the 9th.

     
  • At 5:23 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Daniel said…

    Frank - nope, we will step out of the assembly after the last speaker, pausing only briefly I expect in the mens room, then straight into the parking lot, and heading back to the insignificant white north...

    Sigh...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.