H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Monday, October 23, 2006
No Haircut Yet...
One of the things you find when you go shopping with your in-laws, have two of your four kids with you, and only one vehicle between the two families is that you don't all get to do what you want to do when you want to do it.

I had planned to find a barber in Fargo - I am sure they must exist, but it didn't turn out that way (I updated my pic below with a quick snap from this A.M.) - my hair is still rather unruly.

Anyway, the weekend was okay - We stayed at perhaps the cheapest inn in Fargo, the beds were uncomfortable, the bathroom had some mildew on the tiles, their were rust stains in the tub, and the vertical vinyl blinds didn't close all the way - but the expectation was not that we were going to lavish ourselves in a plush hotel - this was (apparently) just going to be the place where we dumped all our shopping stuff and slept at night.

It took an hour and a half to get through the border. When the got there the US border people were very professional and thorough. I was glad to see that. In contrast, it only took a few minutes to get back into Canada.

Fargo, at least from our perspective, seems to be a community that is entirely built around Manitoban shoppers coming south to shop. Granted, I didn't get to see anything more than what was within 3 miles of the inn, but all I could see were shopping malls and restaurants.

We ate at the Royal Fork Buffet for Supper on Friday, at Chicago Pizza for lunch on Saturday, and at Granite City for supper on Saturday. Granite city had the best food, but the music was so loud and the echo so awful it made eating it a very lonely experience.

Anyway - the trip was everything it promised to be - a shopping trip. I am glad to be back. I did pick up some Dr. Martins, an x-fi platinum soundblaster, and a decent 3 1/2" vice for my shop - and some clothes, but my wife did all the major shopping.

Bottom line - good to be back. I have plenty to catch up on elsewhere, so I likely won't be blogging anything significant today, or doing much reading elsewhere.
posted by Daniel @ 8:06 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 10:00 AM, October 23, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    Much better...

     
  • At 10:55 AM, October 23, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    The other pic looked a trite shaggy - this one looks less European.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, October 23, 2006, Blogger Craver Vii said…

    Say, isn't that the guy from Will and Grace?

    Glad you're back. Chicago Pizza in Fargo? I hope it was really like Chicago pizza. What did you think of it?

     
  • At 2:40 PM, October 23, 2006, Blogger Craver Vii said…

    You did this pop-up thing with a reference to a Bible verse at Frank's blog. Would you be willing to share that recipe? I'm sure others would like to use that technique when referring to specific verses.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, October 23, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Craver, in order to have a link open in another window you add a target clause:

    <a href="http://the.link.here/page.htm" target="_blank">this would be the link</a>

    The Chicago Pizza was okay - I doubt it was as good are real Chicago pizza, but it passed muster.

    I don't watch television, so I am not familiar with Will and Grace - though I have heard people say I look like Bobcat Goldthwait - a comparison I find somewhat distasteful.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, October 23, 2006, Blogger Craver Vii said…

    That's hilarious!! I'm gonna try reading this last post in his voice. lol It's great to be able to laugh at yourself. After 35 years of therapy and the right medications, I think I could finally start finding the humor in things mean people have said about me.

    Thanks for the tip for making a pop up link. And now, pack my bags, I'm off to proof-texting paradise...

     
  • At 8:13 AM, October 27, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Daniel,
    At least you're smiling now, but it looks like you need to wash your hair, buddy! ;~)

     
  • At 8:49 PM, October 27, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Rose - I am fresh from the shower there. I am one of those people that washes my hair in the morning, and it is stringy and greasy hours later.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.