H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, September 07, 2006
New Template!
Truly, we are less than nothing...I had planned to update my template much earlier - and was fiddling with it in fact when I must have inadvertently wiped it out. I went with a sort of "jazzy" mouseover style template - just to play around -but it wasn't well received, and I quickly grew bored (and even frustrated) with it myself.

This new template, I hope will remain for a while - I wrote it, though there is hardly anything novel about a three column template with a header and footer. Yet, for now it is going to be the standard fare. I prefer the three columns to Bloggers (ugh) default - and that is really all that matters.

I did drop the primary color lithographic images, not because I didn't like them or anything - but rather it was going to be a bit of work putting them into the new template - and frankly I was looking forward to the change.

Anyway - there is really nothing new and cool about this template - it is similar to my previous (before the "fall" as it were) template - with only a few minor differences. Never-the-less, I am open to comments both positive or negative.

Dan
<><
posted by Daniel @ 4:45 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 6:22 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger bp said…

    Avast! I tried to make my site into three columns, but alas I could not figure it out. If I was capable of such things I would probably have been able to make a living on the land instead of sailing the high seas.

     
  • At 6:31 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger David said…

    The center column is too wide and drops to the bottom in Firefox. I know a secret sure-fire cure for that, but I'm not telling. OK, if you ask, I'll tell. It's far from brilliant.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger David said…

    No comments on the item page, not even a comment link. Could it be you don't really want our input? Suspicious...

     
  • At 7:40 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    David - do tell! I will have to fix the itempage too.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I fixed the item page thing. Comments are now visible from item pages. But I haven't got firefox working.

    Also, for some reason - if the size of the window causes the middle column to stretch to a place where it has to break a two word link between two lines of text - it freaks out and just drops the whole column to the bottom. Sigh.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Neil said…

    Man I wish I could help you, but I never really picked this stuff up.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, September 08, 2006, Blogger mark pierson said…

    Takes twenty plus years to load.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    The best way to add a picture to your profile is to find a free photo hosting site (a website that allows you to copy your digital images from your computer and save them on their website for the purpose of you linking to them elsewhere on the internet, or using the images as an online photo album) and put an image of yourself up there - then in your profile you put the URL of the image in the place where it says "avatar" or picture or something like that. Do a google search on "free image hosting" and you will find plenty of places willing to host your images.

     
  • At 1:31 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Firefox really butchers the rendering of the page by the way... I will see if I can make it pretty in firefox, without wiping out the IE6 look.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, September 10, 2006, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    It's a bit messed up in Safari too. I'd email you a screenshot but I don't have your email.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.