H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
It's Tuesday - And I Got Nothin.
Maybe the well has run dry? I can't seem to put together enough material for even one post. But I am not going to let that stop me. Here is my post for today, since I have nothing to say, I will create a poem on the fly - you know just a stream of consciousness thing. Only this I promise - I won't go back and edit it to make it polished. What I am about to do will be done as quick as I can type it and I will have to settle for the cards falling where they may. I may take a moment or two after the fact to adjust the typeface or something... but here goes...

Ahem...

My God, whom I love.
The other day I wondered,
what hell would be like
without God.

The greatest curiosity - who is my Creator?
Will I never see his face?
Eternity without Him whom I should know,
Him who loved me so.

Then I began to think, of God anew,
How I long to see His face in glory,
How I long to know Him who knows me,
and loves me still.

To know that eternity shall not diminish
the awe I shall always have,
what a great God, what a glorious Maker.
To love His creation, and to give
to that creation the desire to love Him.


okay - there it is. I put it out in under a minute, so don't get too critical - I am no poet. But I do love the Lord, and sometimes it is fun to just say so without worrying about whether I have made that statement articulate or not.
posted by Daniel @ 12:16 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 12:30 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Now that I read it back (after I posted it of course) I see that it sounds like I think I am going to hell or something. Haha.

    I was thinking this thought the other day of what would be the worst part about being in hell, and I decided that it would be that one doesn't get to see God.

    Conversely, the greatest, perhaps all encompassing joy in heaven is going to be that we will know him who knows us as we are known.

     
  • At 5:51 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger David said…

    I need to read more carefully. At first sight, I read, "I wonder what the hell I woud be like without God." That's just not like you!

    I could criticize this as literature, but that wouldn't be fair, considering your opening disclaimer. Besides, it's better than a lot of poetry that's considered classic. It's certainly better than anything I could write under the circumstances. I'm afraid mine would be about food or something.

    Seriously, this reminded me of something from The Valley of Vision. Daniel the Neopuritan...

     
  • At 10:59 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Neil said…

    I like it. I'm going to try it. Privately.

    And don't give me any of that nonsense about not having enough for even one post. ;). Your well has not run dry. Maybe you should take a break and get your sidekick Frank Turk to guest post for you.

     
  • At 6:09 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Garry Weaver said…

    I enjoyed the poem. The reason I visit your blog is that your heart for God comes across in your writing.

     
  • At 7:47 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger mark pierson said…

    Keep up your witness for Christ, Daniel. As long as you keep your gaze upon Him your well will not run dry. I appreciate you.

     
  • At 11:26 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger candy said…

    I'm just glad it is not a rhyming poem. Rhyming poems tend to be insipid unless the poet is really good. My students always tried to rhyme...probably due to lyrics in songs I suppose, but I managed to break that tendency in them and they wrote really good poems as a result. So as a stream of consciousness, not bad.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Rhyming isn't all that hard,
    if one be minded as a bard,
    to speak without from deep within,
    one only needs to wag one's chin
    to unfetter the fettered thought,
    -to toss it out for naught!
    Lo, the day may well be spent,
    indulging this peculiar bent,
    syncopated rhyme,
    expressing thoughts sublime.

    I don't know - I think rhyme is pretty easy, though I tend to wax a little more eloquent when I rhyme. But I can whistle it off almost as fast.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.