H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
A good blog!
Frank is a swashbuckling rogue whose impish charm is balanced by his level headed discernment and love of the Lord.One of the things I like about Frank Turk (a.k.a. Centuri0n - note that is a zero and not an uppercase "o") is that he is a real soldier. Not the kind that sits behind a desk in a war room somewhere calling shots in a pressed uniform sipping designer coffee - no Frank is a down in the dirt, slugging it out on the front line grunt, and I love him for that.

I like the way he tackles the real stinker issues - the ones that no one wants to touch because doing so is like walking through 10 miles of deep, wet mud the kind that sucks your legs down so that you lose a shoe, and maybe even your pants if you stay put long enough. The kind of issues that dissuade our participation in them because doing so means taking heat from well meaning, but otherwise confused believers who forego their Christian temperance when it comes to pouring vinegar on others with whom they vehemently disagree. No one wants to be on the receiving end of that sort of stuff - and most of us will never put ourselves in harms way - even were it to defend a truth we believe to be true. That is the work of the grunt soldier, and we fancy ourselves more of a "home guard" than front line material.

Booyah, is actually short for 'fear God' ... get it?I also appreciate Frank's disciplined use of emphasis - what some would call "snark." Anyone can boil hot dogs, but how few of us can make our own curry? Seasoning is an art form, and Frank is an artist. His blog is obviously a labor of love, dressed up with flair and even style. Like a caring mother, Frank dotes over the eye-candy aspect of his blog - and this is an endearing trait since it isn't hid away in some closet, but paraded for all to see.

So much for the accolades of men!We mustn't forget, how Frank can convey a subtle thought with a well placed, and only slightly modified comic book image. I just about died when I saw this particular gem - it says it all doesn't it?

If you read my blog, I hope that you will give Frank's blog a real read. He is a prolific poster - entertaining and relevant, and he loves the Lord. Can you ask for more?
posted by Daniel @ 12:00 PM  
14 Comments:
  • At 2:08 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Frank is a swashbuckling rogue whose impish charm is balanced by his level headed discernment and love of the Lord.

    Frank - you can quote me on that. ;-P

     
  • At 5:20 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Does each link count in the TTLB?

     
  • At 5:46 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said…

    Is this Frank's eulogy? Is Frank ok?

     
  • At 6:44 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    If it was a eulogy I would have started it off in the past tense. lol.

    I think each link counts?

     
  • At 12:31 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    He always seems to say something about a topic that I am currently pondering.

     
  • At 12:35 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Even So... said…

    By the way, I just found this blog recently, and I love it. I used "the radical flaw" illustration on my "ministry board" at the church I pastor, giving you full credit and a link of course.
    Even so....

     
  • At 12:35 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Matt Brown said…

    Daniel: This seems like a shameless way to get Frank to leave a comment for you. Just misspell the word "feud" - that's what I did.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Matt - it *is* shameless no?

    I am just tickled that Phil Johnson actually read it and linked to it at pyro - I have to be careful what I say if Phil is browsing... ;-)

    JD - I would love to take credit for the idea, but really I can't, I heard something similar in a sermon preached in the eighties by a fellow named Ernest O'Niell, and I am sure he likely picked it off someone else. It is a great illustration, and ultimately it is the Holy Spirit who inspired it - so you need not give me the credit, just credit God for making it stick out as a good illustration, for surely He is the one who makes it resonate in us.

     
  • At 7:39 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger FX Turk said…

    I'm reading this blog entry because it's geerating traffic back to the blog, and I'm thinking to myself, "geez: did I get killed in the tornadoes on Monday?"

    And then I scroll down, and Moorhead hath posted, "Is this Frank's eulogy? Is Frank ok?"

    Somebody someplace will take that as an attack on iMonk, but we leave those people to their own devices.

     
  • At 7:43 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger FX Turk said…

    I am also shocked, Daniel, that you did not point out the resemblence between the first image you purloined from my web archive and a certain bald canadian ChristBlogger who has put on some weight since Christmas.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I am trying to hide the weight gain beneath my sycophantical "grima wormtongue-esque" pandering. ;-D

     
  • At 9:02 AM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Ooooh, Frank - did you do the mouse rollevers? The booyah one is the best.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Austin said…

    I love your animation

     
  • At 4:46 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    All the illustrations on this post are actually direct rip offs of Frank's posts - (to give the whole post a "Frankified" feeling). ;-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.