H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Blog break...
There comes a point in blogging when you are blogging just because you haven't blogged today - when you are motivated to post simply because you want people to come to your blog and find something new for the day.

At that point you are not "blogging because you have something to say" rather "you have something to say because you are blogging."

So this morning I plan to start a small hiatus. If I have something to say I will prepare it outside of blogdom and post it at a later time, but for the next week or two I will be pressed with other needs in our church, at home, and at work.

I am hopelessly prolific, so even if I try not to, I may still spit out a post here and there.

Try to do this today - obey God. Don't be discouraged if you fail, but get up and obey some more. Do this and continue to do this - God will show you things you haven't seen before (not only if you are successful, but especially as you fail). We serve a loving God - the teacher Himself designed us - so trust the Lord even in your failures; but make no excuse for your failures.

See ya.
posted by Daniel @ 7:36 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 8:35 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    Daniel, having been in the blogging world for a few months now I have noticed this trend more and more.

    It seems the initial steam runs out and the motivation and inspiration for new and exciting material dwindles.

    Don't be discouraged, this is very normal. There is no law requiring a daily blog observance! :) Just post as the Spirit gives you revelation and you will find it a blessing rather than a burden.

    God bless, and we await your next inspired work.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Dan said…

    WHAT?!?! Now you too!?! ;-D

    Take care and hopefully, we'll see you back here when you are done with a whole lot of stuff to say!

    The other Dan

     
  • At 9:39 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    I think it happens because of summer time. You can now leave the computer to go and catch some fish...it's genetic.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It probably happens more often to those who are less prolific than to those who are. Either way, taking a breather probably improves the quality of individual posts.

    Enjoy your break, we'll still be back here to read whenever you do have the time/drive to post anything new.

    John

     
  • At 10:08 PM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Well, we will miss you, Daniel. I am glad you are not shutting the place down for good.

     
  • At 1:12 AM, March 17, 2006, Blogger pilgrim said…

    So I can feel okay I haven't added to my blog for a while?

    I actually may do that later.

     
  • At 6:49 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger Theteak said…

    Yep, I'm taking a break as well. Very encouraging to read what you said though. The gospel is about obedience - the obedience of faith.
    I'm so busy I haven't even had time to fix up my blogroll - sorry about that brother.

     
  • At 6:20 AM, March 20, 2006, Blogger bp said…

    I completely agree. I just posted for the first time in about fifty days. I feel like my zeal for bloging has somewhat returned.

     
  • At 5:02 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger Brad Williams said…

    Look man, I'm trolling for new posts here like I troll for new comments at my blog. Of course, I have noticed that you hiatus has meant an increase in thoughtful comments made by you over at my place. I guess that's my silver lining.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.