H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Two Centimeters of Dilation
I got a phone call this morning - my wife informed me that even though her "due date" for our current pregnancy is not until February 12, and even though she has never, ever been early with our other three children - that she thought her water might be breaking.

She went into the doctors, and our doctor confirmed it - she is two centimeters dilated. The doctor told her to go home and sleep - and to call her later when things began to progress.

I know where I will be tonight - Lord willing - pray for us if you are inclined thus.
posted by Daniel @ 3:15 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 3:34 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    May the presence of the Lord be with you both today. God's grace and protection guide you.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger David said…

    You've probably mentioned it, but I didn't realize you were expecting. I'm in favor of that, just so you know. I hope all goes well. Breath!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'll be praying for you, your wife and your other children. May God bless you with His protection and presense!

    Jodie

     
  • At 4:54 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Daniel,
    I hope everything comes out OK!

    No, really, I will pray for you, your wife and your three other little ones. Children are such a delight!

     
  • At 5:17 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Thanks all!

    I have a moment here for a quick update.

    Contractions are about 15 minutes apart. My wife is trying to catch a few z's while we wait it out.

    All the arrangements have been made for the kids long ago, it is sort of like clockwork this time. I even had the presence of mind to get someone to take over running our prayer meeting tonight!

    Continue praying, it should happen sometime tonight, or early in the morning.

    Grace!

     
  • At 11:01 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger marc said…

    Blessings on you both bro. Its a good thing you didn't come to the BBC conference then, eh?

     
  • At 12:14 AM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Bryan said…

    Good to hear Dan, I'm hope you will put up baby pictures when you have time!

    Bryan
    SDG

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.