H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Friday, April 01, 2011
Stupid 3D TV
I am putting on my curmudgeon hat today in order to rant on about a technology that I think is about as stupid as they come. Yes, I am talking about 3D.

Like you, I can only focus on one thing at one time, and my eyes tend to wander all over the place - picking out details to focus on, and letting the rest remain in the periphery. The trouble with 3D is that it doesn't work, and cannot work (at least for now) the way my eyes work. It may be that in future days someone will invent a 3D system that tracks my retina's as I watch a movie, and immediately centers the 3D effect wherever my eyes are looking - but until they do that, 3D ends up being a bit of a headache because even when the direction of a movie is excellent, my eyes are not always focused on the exact pinpoint necessary to make the 3D effect work properly.

What ends up happening is I see a color washed movie that has broken moments of 3D effect at the expense of a headache. Frankly, I find it hard to put up with that for an hour and a half - and I certainly am never going to put up with it in my home.

Don't get me wrong, 3D televisions have better refresh rates - which means less ghosting and blur - so I am all for better TVs - I just think getting a 3D TV for the sake of watching everything in 3D is stupid.

Weren't 3D movies originally just a gimmick? The "sideshow freak" of entertainment, that you went in at looked at just to say you did? What happened to this generation that it has gone off the deep end chasing down headache inducing, color washed entertainment?

For me, at least, this is one trend that can't die soon enough.

There. I said it. You were all thinking it, so don't look at me like that.

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 9:18 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2:06 PM, April 02, 2011, Anonymous sewa mobil said…

    Nice article, thanks for the information.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, April 02, 2011, Anonymous Gabriel said…

    An even better option is to get rid of the television completely. You'll be amazed and how less de-sanctified your house becomes...

     
  • At 3:36 PM, April 02, 2011, Blogger Daniel said…

    Gabriel - Rather than getting rid of the screen - which doubles as a 32 monitor - we got rid of "television" over ten years ago. We don't watch TV, though we do rent the occasional movie.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, April 10, 2011, Blogger David said…

    I've never seen a 3D movie. Now, I will no longer wonder if I'm missing anything.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.