H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Renovations...
When I was 18, I was (for some reason) much stronger and more fit that I find myself today. I notice this especially when I wake up in the morning after a day of "real" work. Not that being an IT professional isn't physically punishing, it is - I mean, sitting and wiggling your fingers for hours on end? I know I have increased by touch typing speed at least 15 wpm since I started out in the trade - but the punishment from my job is that because you sit all day it slowly wreaks havoc on your back, and there is a danger of carpal tunnel syndrome, or some other typing related repetitive stress injury.

On Sunday, starting at about three o'clock in the afternoon I began to tear out the carpets and underlay in my house in preparation for the install of some hard wood floors. My oldest daughter developed eczema shortly ever a bad bout of chicken pox, our hope is that the HWFs will ease some of that.

After twelve hours of bending over and tearing, and plucking a zillion staples, I woke up fresh as an aching daisy, to work another eight hours on helping the guys who came over to do the install. I say, helping, but really it was mostly standing around - yet, (as we say up here in Canada), "I gotta tells ya" I am feeling my years this morning. Part of the work is hauling furniture from one room to another, and trying to lift a full size sofa from the basement to the upstairs by yourself can be tiring and frustrating. It also brings into a very harsh light, the gap between the "you" you were at 20 and the "you" you are today. Maybe my memory is rose colored - you know, maybe I think I was much more fit that I was - but it seems to me that everything is heavier now, makes me tired faster, and even takes much longer to recover from than it used to be.

I finally got the computer connected again today, but I am too busy to babysit the blog. I thought vacations were supposed to be restful?

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 8:09 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.