H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Tagged...
Fred over at Hip and Thigh tagged me with this meme, and as I am in need of a few moments of recreational therapy - I will indulge...(even though I did this already) I will change it up a bit though to keep it interesting...

1. Seven things to "make" before I die
- A chain hauberk
- Storm Trooper Armor
- A Star Wars fan film
- my own model of the Jewish Temple
- my own free Greek/Hebrew Interlinear Study tool
- a service that phones a text message in to anywhere..
- a great, big, in-your-face, wooden pulpit

2. Seven common things I have never seen (in person):
- The mountains
- The ocean
- A cave
- A funnel cloud
- An NBA basketball game
- A major league baseball game
- Surfing

3. Seven smells I really like:
- Frying onions
- Fresh coffee
- the dust that fills the air when you're bailing hay
- the thaw after winter
- a newborn babe
- outdoors after a good downpour
- new mown grass

4. Seven things you don't know about me:
- I am half French, half Dutch.
- I am only 5'8" tall.
- I used to practice martial arts - a lot.
- I was once a junkie, and a theif
- I was once in "air cadets"
- I have one pierced ear
- I have blue eyes

5. Seven sweetest memories:
- The birth of each of my children
- The first time I danced with my wife
- The moment I received the Holy Spirit
- The day God utterly eradicated the bitterness I felt towards my father
- Playing hide and seek on the farm at night
- My little brother's Baptism
- The first band I was ever in

6. Seven favorite chapters in the bible:
- Romans six
- Romans eight
- Isaiah fifty-three
- Psalm one
- John fifteen
- Acts two
- Revelation twenty one

7. Seven blogs that look better than mine:
- ...and His ministers a Flame of Fire
- off the main road
- Challies.com
- reflections of the time
- teampyro
- I see daylight
- The Thirsty Theologian

Whew - alright - break time over.




posted by Daniel @ 5:02 PM  
16 Comments:
  • At 9:54 PM, February 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read your blog a lot. I don't have one of my own, but enjoy reading others'. I especially liked your blog on gluttony. It is surprising how many Christians there are who don't seem concerned about this sin. I'm sorry that you haven't seen the ocean or mountains. I live in Washington state and get to see them regularly. In fact, I live very close to Mt. St. Helens. What amazing works of God!

    I'm only 5'8" as well. I also have one pierced ear. I did that back in high school.

    One of my favorite Bible chapters is Psalm 4.

    Keep up the great work, your theology and blog are excellent.

     
  • At 1:35 AM, February 12, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    I don't know if mine is better :) You are definitely generating more traffic :)

    Cheers! And how's the kid? :)

     
  • At 9:59 AM, February 12, 2006, Blogger candy said…

    you really have to, HAVE to, go see oceans and mountains!

     
  • At 9:14 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Fred Butler said…

    Hey, I'm just 5'8" myself. We have more in common than I thought.

    Fred

     
  • At 10:03 AM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    Jeremy - I had mine pierced when I was in grade five or something like that - my mom pierced it at home with an ice cube and a needle. (it hurt!)

    Frank - the boy is doing awesome (so is mom!). Of all our children, this one has been the easiest - and markedly so, not only in the delivery, but also in the post delivery time. Mom is up and about - and baby is doing very well.

    Fred - it is a good height to be!

     
  • At 12:36 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Hi Daniel,
    I got my ears pierced the same way you did. Yes, {{{squeeeeak!}}}
    Ouch!
    You really shouldn't put simply the word "junkie" - it has such a wide range of applications. It could mean anything! (you don't want to give the "wrong" impression, do you?)
    :~)

     
  • At 1:10 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    You really shouldn't put simply the word "junkie" - it has such a wide range of applications. It could mean anything! (you don't want to give the "wrong" impression, do you?)

    Replace junkie with "an habitual user of contraband who was utterly and nigh-irrevocably submerged in several aspects of the consequential criminal culture."

    Dan
    <><

     
  • At 1:11 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I should have put a smiley face on the end of that..

    :-D

    there.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger étrangère said…

    "I am half French, half Dutch." Sounds like your origin is Belgian to me!

    NEVER seen mountains or sea? I'm ... speechless. I struggle to live sanely more than several months without seeing either. Deary me.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    My father was born in holland, and my mother is first generation French - I learned to speak English with an accent that was often mistaken for Belgian.

    Lord willing, I will see both mountain and sea one day.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Get your gear ready Daniel. My husband and I are getting in our car right now and will personally drive you out to see the Pacific Ocean. We should be at your house in about three days.

     
  • At 7:24 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Kim said…

    Daniel, all your talk about farms, the smell of mown grass, and the dust of baling hay is making me home sick! I was born in Sasktchewan, and my "second parents" live south of you. I didn't make it to the farm this past summer....missed out on those smells!

     
  • At 11:33 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    Yea thanks for reading the "how's mom too" in the "how's the kid?" part :)

    Dude, I grew up in the flatlands of Minnesota, and then moved to Arizona, I can't go back man. The mountains mean too much and the ocean is only eight hours, I gotta see the ocean at least six to ten times a year.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    and another question, does the last five things mean I'm tagged?

     
  • At 7:43 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Daniel said…

    I tried to stay away from "direct tag inference" - that is, people get tagged over and over, so instead I clandestinely suggested a tag in a way that allows people to bow out gracefully.

    But since you noticed - yeah, your tagged. ;-P

     
  • At 2:33 PM, February 17, 2006, Blogger Frank Martens said…

    poop

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.