H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
Sunday Messages...
I have been preaching (Sunday school) my way through Gurnall's, "The Christian In Complete Armor". If you want to listen in, the messages can be downloaded from Here...

If you want to listen to my pastor preach, he is on the site too, and hey, if you ever want to complain about me to my pastor, you can reach him through that site as well.

If you do give any of the lessons a listen, I am always happy to receive criticism on them, or answer questions.

I haven't listened to them myself, but my presumption is that the audio quality isn't all that good.

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 12:11 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 10:17 AM, December 02, 2009, Blogger Jim said…

    Just listened to your latest on Carnal Protestantism...this applies to everyone of us who is not walking by the Spirit on a moment to moment basis.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, December 02, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    Gurnall argues from scripture that Christians often imagine themselves to be putting on the armor of God, when in fact they are not putting any such thing on at all. He describes this particular pitfall (failing to meet the requirement that God's armor be of His appointment and His institution) as epidemic in scope, since it includes all of Catholicism, as well as all of carnal protestantism. The point being that the armor is God's armor, He is its source, and we are to put on Him so that when we depend on the armor, we are depending on the God of the armor - the two are the same. I think a lot of people miss that. They imagine that their own efforts or alternately, their own "christian" philosophies are what protects them - their christian habits, etc. But such are worthless in the day of trials. The idea is to identify what is both common and false, and again, what is uncommon and true.

    I would say this applies to every one of us, including, and perhaps especially those who are walking by the Spirit on a moment to moment basis. For it is our reliance on God in all things that is our strength - every other thing is pregnant with weakness.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, December 02, 2009, Blogger David said…

    Excellent. I will listen as soon as I get the time.

     
  • At 11:49 AM, December 02, 2009, Blogger David said…

    When did you begin with Gurnall? The lessons aren't labeled on the site, and I want to begin at the beginning.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, December 02, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    David,

    I began in September of last year (2008). I spent all of last year on Ephesians 6:10, and started Ephesians 6:11 this year. I don't know that every lesson is up there - but there are a bunch up there.

    I have a bunch too, some that might not be online. I would have to check. If you're interested, I can email you better "sound quality" recordings than can be downloaded. I am pretty sure I have all the lessons from this year at least.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.