H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Saturday, September 19, 2009
I created my own font, from my own handwriting...
You probably can't see it. But I have it on for the post body. It was a fun little thing to do. If you can see it, let me know. I see it, but then I have the font installed. The font was small though, so I made it bigger.

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 4:47 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 5:53 PM, September 19, 2009, Blogger David said…

    No one can see it. You can only see it because it's installed on your computer.

    I'm sure it's very nice, though.

     
  • At 5:54 PM, September 19, 2009, Blogger David said…

    I've got a font-creator program with which I've created several fonts. It is fun.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, September 19, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    I have to admit, I am a little disappointed. If I could find a host for the font - one that didn't require you to come and click this and twirl that before downloading it as a file - I could make it visible, but I haven't found such a site yet. Ah well.

    Hopefully I will post something of some substance later on this evening.

     
  • At 6:09 PM, September 19, 2009, Blogger David said…

    I don't think there is any such site, nor could there be. Fonts must be installed on each computer to be read.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, September 19, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    There is a stylesheet font rule (seldom used) called, @font_face which basically allows you to embed external truetype fonts. There hasn't been a lot of movement on this particular W3C item, which means it isn't really high up on the priority list of things browsers are working hard at being compatible with... but most compliant browsers should pick up the font and use it if they can access it.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, September 21, 2009, Blogger Jim said…

    You could try posting your text as a raster file and maybe then we could see the font. How does Centurion get his fonts to show up?

     
  • At 2:38 PM, September 22, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, bro, at least all your elderly followers won't have any problem reading your blog. The letters are each about an inch big on my end.

    JIBBS

     
  • At 2:48 PM, September 22, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    There. I axed the big text. ;)

    Thanks for the reminder.

     
  • At 9:36 PM, September 22, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LoL

    No more reading your blog from across the room, I guess.


    word verification: menwere :)

     
  • At 8:56 PM, October 15, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An easy way to get fonts on the web is to use something like sifr, or the better alternative, http://cufon.shoqolate.com/generate/

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.