H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Thursday Haiku Challenge...
It's Thursday, and I didn't feel like posting anything of great significance.

So I thought I would do another Haiku challenge. Today's challenge is to write an haiku that captures (as best as one can) some Christian doctrine.

Have fun.

(Haiku format: a poem that is three lines and seventeen syllables long, going five, seven, then five syllables per line).

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 1:26 PM  
19 Comments:
  • At 2:07 PM, May 07, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    The Atonement (in Haiku):

    Sinner. Put in Christ.
    Both die; (we blame the sinner).
    Both rise, (Thank the Christ!)

     
  • At 2:12 PM, May 07, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    The Gospel (in Haiku)

    You sinned and are damned.
    God will save from damnation
    Repenters who trust.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, May 07, 2009, Blogger David said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, May 07, 2009, Blogger David said…

    With apologies to the Westminster Divines:

    The chief end of man
    Glorify God forever
    Pleasure without end

    Word of God contained
    In Old and New Testaments
    Tells how that is done

    God is a spirit
    Entirely unlimited
    In ev’ry aspect

    But one God is he
    Three persons distinct yet one
    A solo trio

    The decretive Word
    Of his sov’reign counsel
    Ordains all that is

    His creative hand
    Made all that is from nothing
    In six days all good

    Man male and female
    To them he gave dominion
    In his image made

    Gracious providence
    Wise preserving governing
    To his creatures giv’n

     
  • At 6:45 PM, May 07, 2009, Blogger David said…

    WSC continued …

    A covenant made
    A tree, a command, a promise
    Alternative: death

    Serpentine deceit
    Nonconformity to law
    Transgression of law

    They ate of the fruit
    God had strictly forbade them
    Covenant broken

    The covenant made
    For Adam’s posterity
    In Adam all died

    Adam’s guilt shared
    All corrupted, all defiled
    Sin and misery

     
  • At 8:59 AM, May 08, 2009, Blogger Even So... said…

    In describing God
    We speak of a Trinity
    God in three persons

     
  • At 9:02 AM, May 08, 2009, Blogger Even So... said…

    Justification
    We have been declared righteous
    We have peace with God

     
  • At 9:04 AM, May 08, 2009, Blogger Even So... said…

    Sanctification
    We are growing in God's grace
    We act more like Christ

     
  • At 9:05 AM, May 08, 2009, Blogger Even So... said…

    Glorification
    We have made it to heaven
    Our eternal state

     
  • At 9:06 AM, May 08, 2009, Blogger Even So... said…

    The last word verification before this comment was "logic"...this one is "tarings"...

     
  • At 9:11 AM, May 08, 2009, Blogger Even So... said…

    Christ had two natures
    Jesus was both God and man
    The Theanthropos

     
  • At 1:16 PM, May 08, 2009, Blogger Magpie said…

    Dead, cold hearts of stone
    Holy Spirit breathes to life
    Regeneration

     
  • At 1:24 PM, May 08, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    Total Depravity (in Haiku)

    Can you change your spots?
    Neither can anyone else.
    We are dead in sin.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, May 08, 2009, Blogger donsands said…

    Wow you guys really rock
    Poets I never would thought
    My forte no way

    I am way out of my league, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

    Have a blessed weekend, Mom's day with the fam, and Lord's day.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, May 16, 2009, Blogger mark pierson said…

    Daniel,
    you might be interested in what's going on here, https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=17392026&postID=5662887107475854190

     
  • At 11:00 AM, May 16, 2009, Blogger mark pierson said…

    Check out especially the bottom comments there...

     
  • At 10:13 AM, May 17, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    Mark, where there is no fuel, the fire goes out.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, May 18, 2009, Blogger Rose~ said…

    Daniel,
    on behalf of Christians everywhere, I just want to apologize for that unseemly conversation. I really really don't appreciate that at all.
    I won't be cheering on anyone who makes a public spectacle out of talking about a fellow... and "examining" intimate subject matter, such as another's personal testimony... publicly. UNCOOTH. Nope, not a fan.

    Mark,
    You're blogging again? Hi!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, May 18, 2009, Blogger Daniel said…

    No worries Rose. I didn't think for a second you would complicit in that sort of stuff. God keep you from it, amen.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.