H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
It has begun...
As some of you are aware, I am instructing my two older children in biblical Greek. We are in the third year now, and we do this about seven in the morning before breakfast. As it turns out, both of them were sick yesterday (feverish), and so, because they were up already, I decided to do our Greek lessons in the evening to allow them to sleep in today. That went very well, and it meant that I would have an extra hour this morning.

So, naturally I used the time in the most selfish way imaginable - I determined to get an extra hour of sleep. I had only about two hours of sleep on Thursday night, followed by a rigorous day of fishing, then staying up late to watch the kids when the wife went out. The next morning (Saturday) I was up early helping someone with their roof - and on Sunday I was up preparing etc. In short, I have been feeling short changed on sleep this weekend, and this looked to be a boon for me.

Except that I totally spazzed out. Tuesday morning is our leadership prayer time - I normally meet with the leaders of the church for prayer at 5:30 a.m. in our church building, which I didn't realize I was missing until 6:15, where, as I was blissfully praying in bed I suddenly realized where I wasn't.

My doctor told me that it's all downhill after forty. I just didn't think it would happen so soon!
posted by Daniel @ 9:40 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:25 AM, October 28, 2008, Blogger mark pierson said…

    If you are "down hill" then where am I? (I'm 51)

     
  • At 10:42 AM, October 28, 2008, Blogger Daniel said…

    I think its all on a curve. In the grand scheme we are exactly the same distance from judgment day... ;)

     
  • At 11:30 AM, October 28, 2008, Blogger Lisa said…

    I choose to be in denial considering I will turn 40 in December. :-/

     
  • At 11:53 AM, October 28, 2008, Blogger Daniel said…

    I turn 42 in a couple of weeks. I feel like I am still 40 though.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, October 28, 2008, Blogger Lisa said…

    I stopped acknowledging my age at 25... so I am WAY younger than both of you! *snicker*

     
  • At 12:48 PM, October 28, 2008, Blogger David said…

    Alright, everybody calm down. Daniel's lapse was not age related. He is still young.

    Middle age officially begins at age fifty, but may be deferred if the individual can explain why he should still be considered young.

    Old age begins at retirement, but may be deferred if the retiree occupies himself usefully and eschews senior citizen discounts and RVs with bumper stickers reading "I'm spending my children's inheritance."

    I'm young for at least seven more years.

    Daniel, you'll have to come up with another excuse.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.