H  O  M  E          
Theological, Doctrinal, and Spiritual Musing - and whatever other else is on my mind when I notice that I haven't posted in a while.
Blogroll
 
T.U.L.I.P.
  • - Endorsed
  • - Indifferent
  • - Contested
 
I Affirm This
The Nashville Statement
 
Autobiographical
 
Profile
Daniel of Doulogos Name:Daniel
Home: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
About Me: I used to believe that evolution was reasonable, that homosexuality was genetic, and that people became Christians because they couldn't deal with the 'reality' that this life was all there was. I used to believe, that if there was a heaven - I could get there by being good - and I used to think I was more or less a good person. I was wrong on all counts. One day I finally had my eyes opened and I saw that I was not going to go to heaven, but that I was certainly going to suffer the wrath of God for all my sin. I saw myself as a treasonous rebel at heart - I hated God for creating me just to send me to Hell - and I was wretched beyond my own comprehension. Into this spiritual vacuum Jesus Christ came and he opened my understanding - delivering me from God's wrath into God's grace. I was "saved" as an adult, and now my life is hid in Christ. I am by no means sinless, but by God's grace I am a repenting believer - a born again Christian.
My complete profile...
 
The Buzz


Daniel's posts are almost always pastoral and God centered. I appreciate and am challenged by them frequently. He has a great sense of humor as well.
- Marc Heinrich

His posts are either funny or challenging. He is very friendly and nice.
- Rose Cole

[He has] good posts, both the serious like this one, and the humorous like yesterday. [He is] the reason that I have restrained myself from making Canadian jokes in my posts.
- C-Train

This post contains nothing that is of any use to me. What were you thinking? Anyway, it's probably the best I've read all day.
- David Kjos

Daniel, nicely done and much more original than Frank the Turk.
- Jonathan Moorhead

There are some people who are smart, deep, or funny. There are not very many people that are all 3. Daniel is one of those people. His opinion, insight and humor have kept me coming back to his blog since I first visited earlier this year.
- Carla Rolfe
 
Email Me
email
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Reverse Engineering...
In software the program that takes the actual code that you write (source code) and turns it into a compiled executable file is called a compiler. There are also decompilers out there that take a compiled executable file and break it down into source code again. The decompilation process isn't a perfect science of course, but often is sufficient for nefarious peoples to pillage/plagiarize ideas, intellectual properties etc. In fact, many compilers come with obfuscation software - software specifically designed to obfuscate (hide, or cover up) the source code - that is, to make it more difficult (and hopefully impossible) to decompile. In the field of Engineering, the same process is often called reverse-engineering, and the idea there is that you carefully take something apart, breaking it into its component pieces, so that you can create a copy of each component piece and from the copies assemble another instance of the original.

I think most of us are familiar with the term, but I had to start somewhere.

In 1802, newly elected president Thomas Jefferson, responding in writing to a group of Connecticut Baptists who felt that a mixing of politics and religion would adversely affect them personally and therefore were urging the new president to recognize a separation of church and state, wrote a reply in which he affirmed that the first amendment itself created a wall of separation between church and state:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
We as believers recognize along with the founding fathers of the United States, that the only way to truly protect religious freedom is to make sure that governance is kept separate from religion altogether.

Yet, I say, if one were to look out the current state of affairs with an unjaundiced eye, one would plainly see that religion has indeed been creeping into, and continues to gain ground in governing this once great nation. The trouble is that this religion is not like most religions, in that it does not exalt a deity, but rather exalts science, and secular, (and therefore relative) morality.

This subtle, but very real, compromise is having exactly the effect that the founding fathers sought to avoid, it is creating legislation that favors the secular religion, and increasingly does injury to every other religion.

In Canada, where I am, I see this daily - as the state religion of secular humanism continues to overshadow every other faith, and is slowly miring former freedoms in the name of the new world order.

I use the example of reverse engineering, because if we start with what we have, and reverse engineer it, we find that although we are careful to keep any deistic religion out of our legislation, yet every atheistic influence is found in seed form or in full bloom.

I call your attention to this sad state, as I did in my last post, because this is the generation to which this has come. We are the generation that is dropping the ball, and will we be regarded by history as those whose slackness began or aided a downward spiral, or the one who identified it, and rose up to purge it out. Are we the generation who has forgotten to pray for our nation?

Labels:

posted by Daniel @ 10:41 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:53 AM, June 27, 2008, Blogger Daniel said…

    I learned from JD that the best way to open the comments is by priming it with some comment. No one wants to make the first comment you see... lol.

     
  • At 1:31 PM, June 29, 2008, Blogger jazzycat said…

    Good insight. They (secular humanists) will of course deny this, but you have nailed the truth. Discernment in America is nil and on top of that apathy reigns supreme.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
 
Previous Posts
 
Archives
 
Links
 
Atom Feed
Atom Feed
 
Copyright
Creative Commons License
Text posted on this site
is licensed under a
Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
License
.